Home

So which leagues have a playoff/Cup?

This is a discussion on So which leagues have a playoff/Cup? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2008, 11:19 PM   #1
MVP

Donovan's Arena

OVR: 18
So which leagues have a playoff/Cup?

I'm trying to decide which team to start with in Manager Mode and although I'd like to go with an MLS team I've heard about the lack of a playoff or the MLS cup and it kind of sucks. Does anyone know which leagues have a cup and which don't?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2008, 08:46 PM   #2
MVP

Donovan's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: So which leagues have a playoff/Cup?

No one has any idea about this?
Old 11-23-2008, 08:56 PM   #3

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

The leagues that have more than one cup and playoffs are Premier League, Football League Championship, Football League One and two, Bundesliga, Serie A, Eredivisie and La Liga. I'm sure there's more but i can't really remember.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:59 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 14

The A-League has the proper playoffs/finals format in 09 as in real life, but only in Manager Mode, for some reason there were no playoffs in Be A Pro Seasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
The leagues that have more than one cup and playoffs are Premier League, Football League Championship, Football League One and two, Bundesliga, Serie A, Eredivisie and La Liga. I'm sure there's more but i can't really remember.
In FIFA 08, there were no Playoffs when i finished my Coca-Cola Championship, the top 3 went straight up. Dunno if its been fixed for 09...

In FIFA 09, i can confirm there are NO playoffs in the Dutch Eredivisie either in Manager Mode. I already simmed a full season with Ajax, finished 4th but we did not take part in the Champions League playoffs because its not in the game...the top 3 qualified for the in game ECC.

Also in real life there are no playoffs in Serie A, but there are playoffs in Serie B (similar to the Championship format).

I think all European leagues in the game have a cup competition too, but don't get the "cup" mixed up with playoffs - they are completely different competitions when it comes to European football. AFAIK, only Australia and the US MLS have "Finals Series" (thats what we call Playoffs) to determine the true domestic champion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »