Home

Player Position Help

This is a discussion on Player Position Help within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2009, 01:50 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24
Player Position Help

Im 13 games deep into my manager mode and I still don't understand what positions do what. I understand a ST is an attacker and I think CB are defensmen. But beyond that I have no idea. Im trying to keep things as realistic as possible so my question is.

What players can be subbed in at the different positions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2009, 02:06 PM   #2
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Player Position Help

You can check a player's preferred positions by clicking the R-stick when you're on him in a menu to bring up his profile. One of the screens will have their 'vitals' such as name, height, weight, etc and their position(s) -- ST/CF/WF/CAM would be a typical one for an attacking player.

A lot of it depends on the individual player and when you put a player into a given position his overall rating will adjust based on his skills. For example, if you sub an 80 OVR CB in as a striker, his rating may drop to 50-something, but if you put him as a DM, it may only drop to the 70s.

If you check out the FIFA Be a Pro Seasons Guide posted in this forum, I think it breaks down the different positions, what their roles are and what attributes determine the overall for each one. Here's a brief excerpt:

Quote:
Player Growth

The Player Growth screen is where you put your hard earned experience points to work. Each game that you play will result in new experience points for your players. Upgrading your staff will result in more experience points accrued for each player depending on their position and the rating for that coaching unit.

You can set it up so that the CPU will make adjustments to your players, or you can take full control and do it yourself. In Be A Pro:Seasons we gave a comprehensive breakdown of how player growth works. We won’t go into that detail again here, but we have included the key attributes you will want to work on for each position.

CB – Marking, Standing Tackle
SW – Positioning, Marking, Standing Tackle
RB/LB - Marking, Standing Tackle
RWB/LWB – Marking, Standing Tackle
CDM – Positioning, Ball Control, Short Passing, Marking, Standing Tackle
CM – Short Passing, Long Passing
CAM – Ball Control, Dribbling, Short Passing
RM/LM – Ball Control, Crossing, Dribbling, Short Passing
RW/LW – Acceleration, Crossing, Dribbling
CF – Ball Control, Dribbling, Finishing
RF/LF – Dribbling, Finishing
ST – Acceleration, Finishing, Heading Acc., Shot Power

Last edited by Qb; 02-05-2009 at 02:08 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:13 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Player Position Help

Thanks WB and yes I saw that break down Brian did and found it helpful. I was just wondering what other positions players should or could play in real life.

Thanks for the help

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »