Home

Fifa fantsy draft?

This is a discussion on Fifa fantsy draft? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Would you like a fantasy draft feature in Fifa?
Yes 6 54.55%
No 5 45.45%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-11-2010, 05:46 PM   #1
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16
Fifa fantsy draft?

Would you like this feature. 2m-3m people play premier league fantasy football on the premier league website every year. That's just the premier league I am sure Spian and Germanys leagues have big numbers aswell and then there's fantasy football for Europa League and Europa Cup. It's become very big in soccer and with it in Nfl and Nba video games having fantasy draft features it should really be in Fifa aswell. What do you think?

Last edited by rooney8; 08-11-2010 at 05:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2010, 06:40 PM   #2
MVP

Lecrae's Arena

Re: Fifa fantsy draft?

The idea of a "fantasy draft" that you want is something that from what I know is something only American sports use (Get a league together, draft players, get points). The "fantasy draft" that the Premier League uses just goes off a point system to get players and odds are most people pick the same guys (Lampard, Drogba, Tevez, Rooney as well some players like Bent, Etherington, and N'Zogbia for sleepers). Yes most people enjoy fantasy games but since most fantasy football leagues (most likely La Liga, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, Serie A, EPL, etc) don't go off of the idea of drafting players onto their teams and don't have any type of draft system at all anyway.

To my knowledge FIFA is sold more internationally than in the US and will build on the ideals to get more followers across the world. If you really want to draft players onto a team then you are going to have to come up with your own system and do it manually using transfers before starting.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:22 PM   #3
MVP

Buckeye's Arena

OVR: 38

I like the idea.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:39 PM   #4
Love Celtic, Hate Racism

CeltBhoy33's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecrae
The idea of a "fantasy draft" that you want is something that from what I know is something only American sports use (Get a league together, draft players, get points). The "fantasy draft" that the Premier League uses just goes off a point system to get players and odds are most people pick the same guys (Lampard, Drogba, Tevez, Rooney as well some players like Bent, Etherington, and N'Zogbia for sleepers). Yes most people enjoy fantasy games but since most fantasy football leagues (most likely La Liga, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, Serie A, EPL, etc) don't go off of the idea of drafting players onto their teams and don't have any type of draft system at all anyway.

To my knowledge FIFA is sold more internationally than in the US and will build on the ideals to get more followers across the world. If you really want to draft players onto a team then you are going to have to come up with your own system and do it manually using transfers before starting.
I agree 100% fantasy footy Is not a good idea imo
Old 08-15-2010, 12:14 AM   #5
Rookie

cheesesteak's Arena

OVR: 2

Ehh, you mean in-game, right?

Sure, why not. Hell actually. YES.

Just keep it to some sort of limitation like in other website's fantasy drafts - no more than 2 players from a team or place a false $$ value on each player and make the draft limited to just $X amount so you can't draft a bunch of $50 mil talent (then allow transfers and such after the draft).

I'm actually a bit disappointed it's not in the game (from what I'm understanding). Now I just have to wait til I got like $100mil to spend and go on a spree, I suppose
Oregon State Beavers
Gonzaga Bulldogs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2010, 09:39 AM   #6
Pro

rooney8's Arena

I would like it the same as Nba2k or Madden. So you could decide to do premiership and you do a draft with all the players from the prem. Or do a made up league with 20 teams and all the players in the world in the draft pool. I just find it adds some replayability to the games that have it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »