Home

Manual Shooting & Scoring Chances

This is a discussion on Manual Shooting & Scoring Chances within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2012, 03:23 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Manual Shooting & Scoring Chances

I've went full manual and I am struggling mightily. I am a soccer novice on top of all that.

1. Is there a better camera angle than the default that helps aiming when using manual shooting? Literally all my shots go wide and I rarely have enough time to stop and really set myself so I'm often shooting on the run.

2. Any general manual shooting tips?

3. Most effective way to score?

4. Effective formations?

Love the game but 3 goals in 8 games with Tottenham no less is frustrating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2012, 03:56 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Manual Shooting & Scoring Chances

Pro cam is best for aiming. Make sure you're in full sprint as you shoot (R trigger), much more accuracy and power that way. And in all seriousness, start out on Amateur difficulty and score some goals and get to know how it feels. Because you won't feel it that much once you hit the higher difficulty levels, lol.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:01 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGiani
3 goals in 8 games with Tottenham no less is frustrating.
Geez, I'd call that a solid and successful month of football the way I play, heh. If I score a goal every other game, I consider that on a serious roll. Love that about the game -- extremely difficult without feeling like I'm being cheated. Sliders are the reason for that, best thing they ever added to this series.

Speaking of which, you can always adjust the difficulty slightly via the sliders. Example: lowering the CPU speed slider affects the CPU's ability to get to loose balls in its crease, and also nerfs its ability on jump balls. Both make it a bit easier to score from close in, which otherwise is darn near impossible. You can also do things like increase your shot power slider, or decrease your shot error slider, although I personally feel the shooting is perfect at 50.

Last edited by Yeats; 04-26-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:06 PM   #4
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Most important thing to remember when manual shooting is to relax. You get close to the goal, let one rip and it flies far wide, and you wonder what happened. I encourage you to stop and look at the stick and your thumb next time you do this. You'll notice it's pushed all the way at a really odd angle.

Until you play on manual, you train yourself to just slam the stick in a area towards the goal and you're rewarded with a shot on goal. If you're close to shooting, just slow down, don't put so much pressure on the stick and remember you're not shooting with the stick. No need to push it hard and fast.

It's taken me awhile, but I can now score more easily on manual than on semi. Just don't get a in a hurry and you'll get the hang of it.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:49 PM   #5
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
Most important thing to remember when manual shooting is to relax. You get close to the goal, let one rip and it flies far wide, and you wonder what happened. I encourage you to stop and look at the stick and your thumb next time you do this. You'll notice it's pushed all the way at a really odd angle.

Until you play on manual, you train yourself to just slam the stick in a area towards the goal and you're rewarded with a shot on goal. If you're close to shooting, just slow down, don't put so much pressure on the stick and remember you're not shooting with the stick. No need to push it hard and fast.

It's taken me awhile, but I can now score more easily on manual than on semi. Just don't get a in a hurry and you'll get the hang of it.
This is exactly correct. It really is all about finesses with the left stick. Also, if you use RB/R1 it give you a bit more margin on the stick to play with when in closer. I find if I'm not trying for a finesse shot I barely move the left stick in the direction I'm attempting to shoot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2012, 09:19 AM   #6
MVP

I know people like to use the finesse shot, it is an included game option after all. Me, I've just found the finesse shot programming to be questionable at best. It feels like a cheat option that EA programmed into the game, possibly to offset the ridiculous over-the-top CPU psychic ninja dribbling which in itself is nothing but cheat programming at its finest. IMO the finesse shot programming appears to cause the CPU goalie to intentionally muck up shots when the finesse shot is used, greatly raising the chances the User will score. So much of the PES series is programmed this way that I don't even play that game any more. It's one of those game coding things devs stick in their games that irks me to no end.

I don't use the finesse shot, ever. The same can be accomplished with normal shooting and the proper touch. This morning for example the CPU goalie came rushing out as I approached the crease. I simply pointed the L stick to the right slightly, then gently tapped B to shoot. The goalie went down into a slide, and the ball slowly rolled along the pitch and into the extreme right corner of the goal.

Last edited by Yeats; 04-27-2012 at 09:25 AM.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:32 AM   #7
MVP

razorkaos's Arena

OVR: 0

i play full manual too. when you play manual, you can use the cross and pass buttons to shoot too, but not in all situations. here's some goals i've made. two of them (the lobs with pato and bent) were made with the cross button. fancy passes are good to score with open net, cause you avoid the glitch that overpowers your shots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXebp...=plpp_play_all

you would like to check this channel. this guy make excellent videos, all aimed to explain the "manual way to play fifa".

http://www.youtube.com/user/FluorescentFIFA/featured

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »