Home

First Look at FIFA Soccer 14

This is a discussion on First Look at FIFA Soccer 14 within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2013, 12:40 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
First Look at FIFA Soccer 14

We got our first look at FIFA Soccer 14 earlier this week and had a chance to talk with the producers who gave us tons of information on the latest installment in the FIFA franchise.

It’s interesting—and better yet, encouraging—to see the importance of a steady philosophy on a game franchise. Rarely do you see, in this “era” of FIFAs, features coming in for a year and then getting taken out the next, or a dramatic shift in playing style between iterations—basically, no abrupt “change in direction” year to year. The FIFA team seems to have decided a long time ago (and stuck to it ever since) to basically make the game as close as possible to the sport you see on TV, and to a certain extent, the sport you play on the pitch. And it’s great news for us hardcore fans.

Read More - First Look at FIFA Soccer 14
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2013, 01:21 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Quicker dribble turns? Are you kidding me? Aren't they already quick enough?
Old 04-17-2013, 01:45 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
what i'd like to see is them investing more time into career mode to get it to the hallmark PES had/have with Master League.

the problem I have with FIFA/EA is I think to try to focus too much on the gameplay FOR online modes, so they can get people spending money on ultimate team. career mode just isnt deep enough to keep me playing any longer than a season as there are too many things that break/spoil the realism, and theres not enough there in terms of presentation, dynamic events etc

I still love playing multiplayer with friends and occassionally online, but i go back to Football Manager/NBA 2k13/MLB the Show/NHL for my deep 'career' fix, and as a result spend a lot more time with them. FIFA just doesn't cut it in comparison
Old 04-17-2013, 01:47 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyfantastic
what i'd like to see is them investing more time into career mode to get it to the hallmark PES had/have with Master League.

the problem I have with FIFA/EA is I think to try to focus too much on the gameplay FOR online modes, so they can get people spending money on ultimate team. career mode just isnt deep enough to keep me playing any longer than a season as there are too many things that break/spoil the realism, and theres not enough there in terms of presentation, dynamic events etc

I still love playing multiplayer with friends and occassionally online, but i go back to Football Manager/NBA 2k13/MLB the Show/NHL for my deep 'career' fix, and as a result spend a lot more time with them. FIFA just doesn't cut it in comparison
i think i should add that i think that in terms of gameplay, I think FIFA's is the best out of all of the others I've mentioned, it just lacks a decent real single player element to it
Old 04-17-2013, 01:54 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: First Look at FIFA Soccer 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKPound
The uber-ninja dribbling in FIFA 13 was EA's version of simulation gaming. They're adding even quicker hyper-drive dribbling for gamers who prefer an arcade soccer experience.

EA Sports... If it's in the game, we'll make it twice or even three times as fast.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2013, 02:29 PM   #6

dubcity's Arena

Re: First Look at FIFA Soccer 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKPound
Yeah, they spend the first part of the article talking about patient buildup, and then they go on about "Sprint Dribble Turn" and "Variable Dribble Touches." Who's going to be patient when you can just run by people even easier than previous years?
Old 04-17-2013, 03:55 PM   #7
Pro

P21J's Arena

OVR: 12
Glad to hear about the attempted fix to people online passing around in the back of the pitch to waste time. Hopefully it works, as it might have been the most annoying thing in this years FIFA (minus the defensive teammate AI in the penalty box/corner situations)
Old 04-17-2013, 04:19 PM   #8
Rookie

Dynastium's Arena

OVR: 1
Hopefully career mode doesn't freeze after the 3rd season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »