Home

FIFA 14 help, PLEASE

This is a discussion on FIFA 14 help, PLEASE within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2013, 06:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
FIFA 14 help, PLEASE

I've had the early release, and one of the biggest problems I've encountered is the defensive AI. Playing with Barca, my back 4 are constantly getting torched. They lose their marks, don't react on balls sent into the box through the air, don't react on free balls in the air (e.g. a ball is cleared by a defender, and my AI teammates just start back pedaling rather than trying to play the ball that is going to land near them). It's almost like the non-user teammates have no awareness at all.

Is this a slider issue?

Also, I'm having trouble fielding passes. I pass the ball to a teammate, and sometimes they just let it roll on by...

Lastly, has anyone gotten comfortable with the new controls? I was wondering if someone my direct me to tutorials on how the triggers, L1, or R1 affect various aspects of the game (headers, dribbling/ball control, and shooting).

Thanks for any and all help!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2013, 06:48 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: FIFA 14 help, PLEASE

FIFA has a problem with player positioning, that's really the biggest issue with the game and with the defensive side of things in particular. One way to shore up your D is to get more bodies back there to block shots and plug up passing lanes. You do that by lowering your line height and line length sliders. I usually start the game with both sliders at 0. And when I want more of an offense-oriented setup, I just raise the line length slider.

Fielding passes issue... IDK, maybe you need to check your cursor setting, it could be set to manual switch. And as for controls, I would look in the game, they're all listed. You could also check Youtube tutorials.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:48 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thanks Yeats, I'll give those slider adjustments a try. I think I may have figured out the passing thing. It occurs when I put too much on the balls directed towards players with low ball control skills, which makes sense.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:47 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8one829
I think I may have figured out the passing thing. It occurs when I put too much on the balls directed towards players with low ball control skills, which makes sense.
Right, I recall seeing that now. Not sure that was in FIFA 13, if so a nice addition.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »