Home

Just Got FIFA 14 And...

This is a discussion on Just Got FIFA 14 And... within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-08-2014, 11:06 AM   #1
Banned

dukebeatsuncagain's Arena

OVR: 24
Just Got FIFA 14 And...

I am very pleased with my purchase. Anyone on the fence, like I was, jump that fence and get on board. I had 13 from release date until about 4 months ago, and it was the least I have ever been immersed in a FIFA game. I actually went back to FIFA 11 for a month or so, because it was always my favorite in the past, and it was fun...but 14 definitely blows that game out of the water, (duh) and really is a lot better than 13.

The game is challenging. I have been a World Class difficulty player since FIFA 09, and currently I am struggling on default Professional. The play on the field seems so much more 'organic' that the games have in the past. It really feels like anything can happen at anytime, I am even seeing 5 goal games at default 6 minute halves, as well as the 1-0 nail-biters. Shot totals are looking good too. I am getting realistic results with dynamic play from different teams. Playing Hull City at home felt dramatically different than playing Chelsea on the road. I haven't pushed too hard into sliders just yet, still have to get a feel for the game mechanics before I make this ultra-realistic, just playing the game for what it is and having a lot of fun so far.

So like I said, I am pretty excited about this game, and if you are thinking about getting it, do it. You won't regret it. I have been so, SO close to buying this game many times since release, and even though the quality warrants a release-day purchase, I am glad I waited this long to get my hands on this great game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2014, 11:33 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Just Got FIFA 14 And...

This impression needed it's own thread?
Old 02-08-2014, 12:43 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
This impression needed it's own thread?
You needed to post this?

I just wanted to post to people on the fence about this game. Sorry if it doesn't meet your standards of what a 'deserving post' is, but I posted it.

Trust me, you'll get over it.
Old 02-08-2014, 02:08 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Which version did you get? I went from 13 on the 360 to 14 on PS4 and it felt like a massive upgrade.
Old 02-10-2014, 12:26 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurking Lizard
Which version did you get? I went from 13 on the 360 to 14 on PS4 and it felt like a massive upgrade.
I'm still on PS3. I'm holding off on the PS4 until more games come out that are actually worth it to me. FIFA got some nods for game of the year some places in the media, so I bet it is a huge upgrade.

Even on PS3 its awesome. Watching BPL games this weekend, I really noticed how similar the game and real looked and acted. The way you can lose dribbles on bad touches, defenders can completely swipe the ball away, but you can still take a faster player into space and rip shots.

I can only imagine what the PS4 is like. I played it briefly at Best Buy, and initial impression of it didn't impress me, but after playing 13 then 11 and now 14 on PS3...I need to play it again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2014, 11:16 PM   #6
Pro

doyce7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukebeatsuncagain
I'm still on PS3. I'm holding off on the PS4 until more games come out that are actually worth it to me. FIFA got some nods for game of the year some places in the media, so I bet it is a huge upgrade.

Even on PS3 its awesome. Watching BPL games this weekend, I really noticed how similar the game and real looked and acted. The way you can lose dribbles on bad touches, defenders can completely swipe the ball away, but you can still take a faster player into space and rip shots.

I can only imagine what the PS4 is like. I played it briefly at Best Buy, and initial impression of it didn't impress me, but after playing 13 then 11 and now 14 on PS3...I need to play it again.
I can never go back to PS3 FIFA now. When my friends want to play me, its either PS4 or nothing. It's just so much better. I really think that 14 PS3 to 14 PS4 is a bigger jump than 13 to 14 on PS3.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:28 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyce7
I can never go back to PS3 FIFA now. When my friends want to play me, its either PS4 or nothing. It's just so much better. I really think that 14 PS3 to 14 PS4 is a bigger jump than 13 to 14 on PS3.
Sick. Gives me even more to look forward to. Essentially getting a 'whole new game' in a couple months would be amazing.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:53 AM   #8
Pro

doyce7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukebeatsuncagain
Sick. Gives me even more to look forward to. Essentially getting a 'whole new game' in a couple months would be amazing.
Idk if you play career mode but too me the biggest improvements is the menus in career mode. Also the physics on the field are worlds different

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »