Home

FIFA 15 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 15 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-13-2014, 01:10 PM   #1361
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: FIFA 15 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
What is the issue with the FB at higher than 50? I've never seen one, but have kept it pretty "safe" with this title update. Has anyone tried it @ 100?
most if not all of the issues occur with the wider formations, 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1, 5-3-2, those types. FB's push up too high and switch positions with wingers, or they get caught and there's wide open wings to exploit, it's just annoying. And considering that FB's push up plenty at default it's just not worth changing, no benefit that I've seen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2014, 01:36 PM   #1362
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
most if not all of the issues occur with the wider formations, 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1, 5-3-2, those types. FB's push up too high and switch positions with wingers, or they get caught and there's wide open wings to exploit, it's just annoying. And considering that FB's push up plenty at default it's just not worth changing, no benefit that I've seen.
Fullbacks and midfield players changing places is something that happens in real life. At Liverpool Moreno will push forward and Joe Allen will slot in to cover.
Also look at how high Alves and Alba push forward for Barcelona.
Old 12-13-2014, 01:36 PM   #1363
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Okay, cool. That's what I was thinking - but of course it's relative to what run freq and marking is at.

I'm playing a couple games with the 12/4 set, with some of your modifications, here is what I've got. Bringing back the ol 42 length, 30 something width like in this older video of mine:

World Class/Legendary, Slow, 10-15 mins

Sprint: 52/52
Acc: 51/52 (from 50/50)
Shot error: 52/50 (from 52/47)
Pass error: 58/58
Shot Speed: 49/49
Pass speed: 50/50 (from 42/42)
Injur Freq: 62/62
Injury Sev: 30/30
GK: 46/46
Marking: 58/58
Run freq: 0/0 (from 30/30)
Height: 68/68 (from 70/70)
Length: 43/42 (from 37/36)
Width 33/32 (from 46/46)
FB: 50/50 (from 58/58)
Power bar: 50 (user preference)
First Touch: 75/75
Old 12-13-2014, 02:08 PM   #1364
Rookie

GingaGeordie's Arena

What defending do you guys use on these? The difference between tactical and legacy is minimal anyway with sliders, but just intrigued to see what people use and if any of notice a bigger difference than I seem to see. I've stuck with tactical since it was introduced, flirted on and off with legacy but not really found it that much different
Old 12-13-2014, 02:15 PM   #1365
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANuDOit
Fullbacks and midfield players changing places is something that happens in real life. At Liverpool Moreno will push forward and Joe Allen will slot in to cover.
Also look at how high Alves and Alba push forward for Barcelona.
let me elaborate. Generally in a 4231 the wingers will cut inside and the overlapping fullbacks will fill that wide space vacated by the winger, in return the cdm will cover the fb until he gets back. In fifa, this doesnt happen, one of these does:

Either the wing cuts inside, the fb pushes up and a gaping hole is left, or

the wing drops behind the overlappjng fb to cover the overlap, negating the entire purpose of the overlapping fullbacks job.

This happens because the fb isnt actually overlaping, he's artifically being pushed up high by the slider.

With the fb slider at default, the operation works as it should because the fb only pushes up high when he's actually overlapping. Hopefully this makes sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2014, 02:17 PM   #1366
Rookie

Tactical for me.
If you lose the ball in midfield you can use the tactical defending to bring the center backs or full backs towards the ball rather than retreating like they tend to do.
I also like to use it to pressure the ball and control another player to cut off the passing lane now and again.
Old 12-13-2014, 02:36 PM   #1367
Rookie

Quote:
let me elaborate. Generally in a 4231 the wingers will cut inside and the overlapping fullbacks will fill that wide space vacated by the winger, in return the cdm will cover the fb until he gets back. In fifa, this doesnt happen, one of these does:

Either the wing cuts inside, the fb pushes up and a gaping hole is left, or

the wing drops behind the overlappjng fb to cover the overlap, negating the entire purpose of the overlapping fullbacks job.

This happens because the fb isnt actually overlaping, he's artifically being pushed up high by the slider.

With the fb slider at default, the operation works as it should because the fb only pushes up high when he's actually overlapping. Hopefully this makes sense.
I kinda know what you mean. Maybe width being made narrower does not help either orion?
At Barca when Alba gets forward Neymar does not drop back to cover him instead he cuts inside as you have stated. Mascherano and Mathieu will spread out and Busquets will drop in between them. I have always seen Defensive Midfielders like Busquets push up too far even with stay back while attacking selected.
As ive said if Moreno pushes down the wing Allen (Left center Mid) will drop back and cover and Sterling (Left wing) will cut inside. Now if Raheem is dropping back into Left back then its a problem.

Ive found the full back slider a pain in the arse to be fair. Its too low for some teams and too high for others. Maybe it just needs to be adjusted to suit the team/formation you are playing with.

Here's a typical example of Barca. The full backs are pushed extremely high.

Old 12-13-2014, 02:44 PM   #1368
Rookie

By the way i would just like to say i am impressed by your continual efforts to find the perfect sliders. However do you think this will ever be achieved?
I think there comes a time when we just have to except that the game is far from perfect, find something that plays ok and just play. When and if that time comes however is another story.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »