Home

FIFA 15 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 15 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-14-2014, 05:32 PM   #1401
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 15 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
Personally, I lower pass error(51-52) and shot error(46) no matter the set, I feel it makes the CPU more aggressive. Hopefully I get to test the new set soon.
I have to say your usually spot on with what you say Orion and i respect you a lot but i totally disagree with the shot error after testing it for about 5 or 6 games.
I tested 47 for CPU and they never took more shots from range. They did however have shots on target percentages in the 80's quite often and score lots of goals.
The most simple way would be to put it at 0 and test that but i think the reason they dont shoot is they dont have the required space like i mentioned in an earlier post. Its like they have a force field round them and if they have a player anywhere in it, front, side, behind, whatever, they look to pass until they are in the box.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2014, 05:38 PM   #1402
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

You guys, I don't ask much - but when testing the set, and you see something that is off. Ask yourself the question of WHY do you think this or that is happening. Then explore.

For example:

Less shots by CPU: could be 1. not isolated enough - meaning the CPU is not farther away from goal as in previous line lengths, so they won't shoot because their teammates are more available than before, or 2. Shot error is higher than the previous 47. I'm of the belief that shot error lower actually makes them shoot less because from a programming standpoint to reach a higher percentage of accuracy, less of the event has to occur (i.e. 2 shots, 2 goals versus 4 shots 1 goal).

CPU not crossing the ball, decides to dribble around the sides: My thinking here is that the acceleration discrepancy is resulting the CPU runners being 1 step ahead of the defense, so more offsides can occur and the CPU's tendency to cross diminishes because they don't want to be offsides. 2. The lower marking also results in your teammate AI not following players into the box so tightly so they are 'leaving' the CPU players to run freely...and into an offsides.

There, I killed two birds with one stone.

The question of Why is powerful, but it's about the What If that makes you start learning. I'm okay with figuring it out, but this process could move a lot quicker if we approached slider testing with this mindset.
Old 12-14-2014, 05:40 PM   #1403
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANuDOit
I have to say your usually spot on with what you say Orion and i respect you a lot but i totally disagree with the shot error after testing it for about 5 or 6 games.
I tested 47 for CPU and they never took more shots from range. They did however have shots on target percentages in the 80's quite often and score lots of goals.
The most simple way would be to put it at 0 and test that but i think the reason they dont shoot is they dont have the required space like i mentioned in an earlier post. Its like they have a force field round them and if they have a player anywhere in it, front, side, behind, whatever, they look to pass until they are in the box.
Maybe it just works for me! LOL. In my last match v Juventus, I lost 1-3 and was outshot 15(6) to 7(4). That's why it's important to make you own adjustments based on what your seeing. Everyone plays the game differently, uses different teams, tactics, defending styles. Keep plugging away, you'll find your sweet spot.
Old 12-14-2014, 05:43 PM   #1404
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Testing SET C on Twitch:

Watch live video from MATT10L on www.twitch.tv

Old 12-14-2014, 06:16 PM   #1405
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

For clarity's sake here's how the decision making works in the game according to a dev team member(I got this info second hand from someone who spoke directly with the dev team member in an interview)

1. A decision is made to pass or shoot(ratings, traits, and situation all play a part in the decision making)

2. The player then aims and powers up similar to how a human player would, again ratings, traits, play a part.

3. The sliders, applied during the shooting/passing process will increase or decrease the particular shooter or passer's accuracy ratings by a certain percentage depending on the slider's value with a 50 being zero, or no adjustment. I wasn't told what value each click of the slider is given, but I got the impression that it was less than a percent for each click.

Most sliders actually work exactly like this, they slightly increase/decrease ratings/traits or chance by a slight percentage. There is no voodoo or hidden benefits/detriments to slider values, they're much more simpler than that, purposely.

Last edited by orion523; 12-14-2014 at 06:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2014, 07:53 PM   #1406
Rookie

Orion, what set are you currently using?
Old 12-14-2014, 08:05 PM   #1407
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
For clarity's sake here's how the decision making works in the game according to a dev team member(I got this info second hand from someone who spoke directly with the dev team member in an interview)

1. A decision is made to pass or shoot(ratings, traits, and situation all play a part in the decision making)

2. The player then aims and powers up similar to how a human player would, again ratings, traits, play a part.

3. The sliders, applied during the shooting/passing process will increase or decrease the particular shooter or passer's accuracy ratings by a certain percentage depending on the slider's value with a 50 being zero, or no adjustment. I wasn't told what value each click of the slider is given, but I got the impression that it was less than a percent for each click.

Most sliders actually work exactly like this, they slightly increase/decrease ratings/traits or chance by a slight percentage. There is no voodoo or hidden benefits/detriments to slider values, they're much more simpler than that, purposely.
While I love the explanation, it's been a long time since any EA dev team truly knows what their sliders do. For example, Pass error states that it's for short ground passes only, yet it affects the long balls as well.

As someone who has spent a lot of time on sliders with NCAA, and now FIFA, I just am not sure dev teams are truly aware of what their sliders actually do. They understand what they should do, but the results often contradict that line of thinking.

I give them credit for some the "easier" values like shot speed, pass speed, sprint, accel that are pretty straight forward - but those intermediate to difficult values like pass error, shot error, line settings, FB and FT control, have been a journey to work right.

The biggest one is the Marking value. It controls so much. Fix just the marking in this game and we wouldn't even need sliders (maybe a slight increase in line height).
Old 12-15-2014, 08:29 AM   #1408
Just started!

Hi,I come from Greece and i've been a pes fan for many years now. Especially pes 6. Its my first post in the forum although i follow it for a long time and the reason for this post is after so many years of totally rejecting Fifa, I got FIFA 15 as a package with XBOX one and with set C of your sliders is the fist time in my life that i really want to play FIFA rather than PES. Even if the latest is really good this year. This of course together with the general picture of the game which for me is so much more next gen than PES.
So i post this because i see some messages saying that nothing was fixed with this sliders or for one thing fixed there's another one that goes wrong etc. Obviously this so nice looking game has problems that maybe are impossible to get fixed by sliders, but this set c at least for me gets the best out of it. And it makes me want to play FIFA. I don't know if there's really anything more you can do and i hope that EA at some point will fix what cannot be fixed by sliders. But the job you have done is top class. By default for me FIFA is a nightmare. You made it totally playable, even very good. I will follow this topic with great interest guys. Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »