Home

Krebstar's Postseason Pro Sliders

This is a discussion on Krebstar's Postseason Pro Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2016, 02:52 PM   #1
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Krebstar's Postseason Pro Sliders

Many months ago I began playing around with my own sliders as nothing else felt right to me. I settled on Pro, as I feel it's the best difficulty for the AI to play more true to life and not just better than the human.

I also don't mind losing games, but some games should be easy, just like many are in real life. If you're a great team, chances are you might be able to boss around lower competition from time to time, so I wanted something that felt right in the regard.

Are these perfect? Not even close. Will they be right for you? Not sure. What I do know is that I like how these feel, and if only a few others enjoy them, then it's worth posting.

I haven't done extensive testing with video analysis, nor do I have spreadsheets full of stats. I don't look down upon that, I just don't have time for that, and I'm trying to make them feel good, not just look good on paper.

Many of the settings in here were taken from other sets, so thank you to everyone who has contributed this season. I believe there are definitely some settings in here which others have not used, and that's why I feel they're worth their own thread.

How about some bullet points to perhaps answer some questions?
  • Do I have to play these using manual settings?
    I highly suggest it, as you might find the game too easy on Pro if you do not.
  • Why is the line length setting so low?
    I feel this compresses the lines, which is needed to better replicate the sport. This brings players closer together, makes it harder to break down the defense, and also creates more play in the middle third of the field. At least, I hope it does.
  • Why the high shot error?
    Most teams don't have a higher number of shots on goal during a game, even if they have a high number of shots. I want shots on goal to be dangerous, and I want to see plenty of wayward shots.
  • Do I have to play with 15-minute halves?
    If you want to replicate the sport better, I would. This allows you to take your time, build your attacks, and try new things. If you set it lower, you'll play more frantically, and panic more when you're not in the lead.
  • Why are they called post-season sliders?
    Because I'm posting them so late in the cycle of the game, and I needed a clever title.

Difficulty: Pro
Half Length: 15 minutes
Speed: Slow
Controls: Manual

Sprint: 46/48
Acceleration: 51/53
Shot Error: 60/51
Pass Error: 72/63
Shot Speed: 51/51
Pass Speed: 40/38
Injury Frequency: 84/84
Injury Severity: 60/60
GK Ability: 52/52
Marking: 78/78
Run Frequency: 1/1
Line Height: 60/60
Line Length: 28/28
Line Width: 53/53
Fullbacks: 100/100
Power Bar(user only): 52
First Touch Control: 85/62

Any questions? Feel free to ask. Just know I'm not trying to create the perfect set. I just want to post what I've been playing with, and what I've been enjoying. If you think they suck, they're not for you and we most likely play the game in very different ways.

Last edited by Krebstar; 07-31-2016 at 07:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2016, 03:42 PM   #2
MVP

ILiveForThis's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Krebstar's Postseason Pro Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
Many months ago I began playing around with my own sliders as nothing else felt right to me. I settled on Pro, as I feel it's the best difficulty for the AI to play more true to life and not just better than the human.

I also don't mind losing games, but some games should be easy, just like many are in real life. If you're a great team, chances are you might be able to boss around lower competition from time to time, so I wanted something that felt right in the regard.

Are these perfect? Not even close. Will they be right for you? Not sure. What I do know is that I like how these feel, and if only a few others enjoy them, then it's worth posting.

I haven't done extensive testing with video analysis, nor do I have spreadsheets full of stats. I don't look down upon that, I just don't have time for that, and I'm trying to make them feel good, not just look good on paper.

Many of the settings in here were taken from other sets, so thank you to everyone who has contributed this season. I believe there are definitely some settings in here which others have not used, and that's why I feel they're worth their own thread.

How about some bullet points to perhaps answer some questions?
  • Do I have to play these using manual settings?

I highly suggest it, as you might find the game too easy on Pro if you do not.
  • Why is the line length setting so low?

I feel this compresses the lines, which is needed to better replicate the sport. things brings players closer together, makes it harder to break down the defense, and also creates more play in the middle third of the field. At least, I hope it does.
  • Why the high shot error?

Most teams don't have a higher number of shots on goal during a game, even if they have a high number of shots. I want shots on goal to be dangerous, and I want to see plenty of wayward shots.
  • Do I have to play with 15-minute halves?

If you want to replicate the sport better, I would. This allows you to take your time, build your attacks, and try new things. If you set it lower, you'll play more frantically, and panic more when you're not in the lead.

• Why are they called post-season sliders?

Because I'm posting them so late in the cycle of the game, and I needed a clever title.

Difficulty: Pro

Half Length: 15 minutes

Speed: Slow

Controls: Manual

Sprint: 46/47

Acceleration: 51/53

Shot Error: 58/52

Pass Error: 70/63

Shot Speed: 5/51

Pass Speed: 39/37

Injury Frequency: 88/88

Injury Severity: 62/62

GK Ability: 15/15

Marking: 62/62

Run Frequency: 15/15

Line Height: 58/58

Line Length: 27/27

Line Width: 54/54

Fullbacks: 15/15

Power Bar(user only): 52

First Touch Control: 68/60

Any questions? Feel free to ask. Just know I'm not trying to create the perfect set. I just want to post what I've been playing with, and what I've been enjoying. If you think they suck, they're not for you and we most likely play the game in very different ways.

if i can pull myself away from ultimate team/seasons, i'll give these a run this weekend. i enjoy when someone has put time and dedication into a game to turn it to sport ... (like i'm doing with mlb the show). anyhow - if i play some matches, i'll def. have some feedback and screens
www.twitch.tv/ILiveForThis
Old 05-20-2016, 06:46 PM   #3
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILiveForThis
if i can pull myself away from ultimate team/seasons, i'll give these a run this weekend. i enjoy when someone has put time and dedication into a game to turn it to sport ... (like i'm doing with mlb the show). anyhow - if i play some matches, i'll def. have some feedback and screens

I should clarify, I started these long ago, and put lots of time into them, and then took a long break, came back to FIFA and still enjoyed them with a few tweaks.

Others on here have put more time into their sets. I've found something Im enjoying and want to share in case someone else loves them.

Also, the line length is what makes them so different, which is another reason I figured Id share.
Old 05-21-2016, 08:52 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
I should clarify, I started these long ago, and put lots of time into them, and then took a long break, came back to FIFA and still enjoyed them with a few tweaks.

Others on here have put more time into their sets. I've found something Im enjoying and want to share in case someone else loves them.

Also, the line length is what makes them so different, which is another reason I figured Id share.
Nice to see someone else using sliders for Professional level. Fell free to share your knowledge in my thread.

Is really shot speed 5 for user or is it a typing error?

Cheers!

Enviado do meu GT-I8190 através de Tapatalk
Old 05-21-2016, 10:09 AM   #5
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardodc
Nice to see someone else using sliders for Professional level. Fell free to share your knowledge in my thread.

Is really shot speed 5 for user or is it a typing error?

Cheers!

I've played many games with yours and had a blast. Pro just feels the best this year by far, I think.

And great catch, definitely an error! Should be 51 for human shot speed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2016, 10:22 AM   #6
Rookie

I love the way professional feels, the cpu plays much more realistic, the only issue I have is that I can blow by the whole cpu defense whenever I want with a quick change of direction or speed burst is there a way to make this not happen I've already tried to give them a 5 point advantage in sprint and acceleration, but I can still dribble through the whole defense and get a shot off in the box everytime.
Old 05-21-2016, 10:38 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffjr1980
I love the way professional feels, the cpu plays much more realistic, the only issue I have is that I can blow by the whole cpu defense whenever I want with a quick change of direction or speed burst is there a way to make this not happen I've already tried to give them a 5 point advantage in sprint and acceleration, but I can still dribble through the whole defense and get a shot off in the box everytime.
Are you still capable of doint it at WC/LEG? I know bursting also occurs on WC (Matt10 tests). If not, that's why Professional sliders are not perfect nor suitable for everyone.

Cheers!

Old 05-21-2016, 01:47 PM   #8
Rookie

I can't do it on world class and legendary but the cpu plays like barcelona no matter the team, just can't win I guess, hopefully 17 will be better in making teams play differently on all levels.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »