Home

Just Got Fired Fifa 14

This is a discussion on Just Got Fired Fifa 14 within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-26-2013, 07:10 PM   #1
Rookie

priam11's Arena

OVR: 1
Just Got Fired Fifa 14

As the title says, I got canned.

Never played Fifa before, more of a Madden guy so this is new to me. Playing Liverpool and I am 9th in the table halfway through the season. Just played the 1st round of the FA Cup and beat Exeter 5-0. Then I get fired.

Is there an option to turn that off when selecting a career? I am playing a game and don't need the added stress of putting all this time into a career only to get canned.

I still learning the controls and adjusting the game sliders and I don't need this does of "reality".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2013, 11:11 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Just Got Fired Fifa 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by priam11

Never played Fifa before, more of a Madden guy so this is new to me. Playing Liverpool and I am 9th in the table halfway through the season. Just played the 1st round of the FA Cup and beat Exeter 5-0. Then I get fired.

Is there an option to turn that off when selecting a career? I am playing a game and don't need the added stress of putting all this time into a career only to get canned.

I still learning the controls and adjusting the game sliders and I don't need this does of "reality".
Sorry to hear that. Were there goals that you were expected to accomplish? This will be important in whether or not they fire you.

I am not sure if there is a way to turn it off.
Old 12-27-2013, 05:13 AM   #3
Flip That Bat!

Entiae's Arena

OVR: 9

No, for some reason you can't. They don't seem to understand that some of us just want to play as a team, and not as a made-up manager.

But there's a way to cheat the system.

If you're playing as Liverpool the board probably wants you to win every title possible. That's because their starting 11 is so highly ranked. If you change their starting 11 before you start your Career, the goals will be adjusted accordingly. This can be done before every new season in Career Mode as well, if you follow one rule.

Put only 60-rated players in the starting 11 and the board will ask you to avoid relegation. Don't do this. You won't be able to manipulate the board in future seasons. The goals will gradually go up one step each year (Finish Mid-Table - Europa league - Champions League - Win).
This, however, doesn't happen if you never get the "Avoid Relegation" goal. Before starting your Career, make sure your starting 11 will get you the "Finish Mid-Table" goal. This may take a couple of tries before getting it right.
Then at the end of every season, before advancing to the next, the board can be manipulated into giving you a "Finish Mid-Table" goal. Just make sure you save before advancing so that you can make changes if you get the wrong goal.

Don't forget you also need to have some lower-rated players on your squad, so don't get rid of them all. If you plan on having a youth squad and promote from there, those players can be good of good use.

I've ran a couple of test careers and this works. I hope they will add an option to just turn firings Off, but for now this will have to do.

If you have any questions, just ask away.

edit. It is possible to get "Avoid Relegation" again. I got it in a Hull City test career. Not quite sure how, but it's possible.
edit2. I just did it again and I may have figured it out. If I finished mid-table (places 14 to 6 or 5, I believe) I could not do it. But if I finished in the "green zone" (17-15?), I could. I don't know if I'm right or not but I'm tired of trying to find the answers. Just give us an option to turn firings off! I should be able to get relegated 3 years in a row all the way down to League 2 if I wanted to!

Last edited by Entiae; 01-02-2014 at 05:45 AM.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:15 PM   #4
Rookie

priam11's Arena

OVR: 1

Entiae

Thanks for the tips. Managed to adjust the starting 11 to get the "Finish Mid Table Goal" so we will see how it goes.

Weird that there is no option to just turn firings off.
Old 12-28-2013, 03:21 PM   #5
Rookie

JogaAM7's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entiae
No, for some reason you can't. They don't seem to understand that some of us just want to play as a team, and not as a made-up manager.

But there's a way to cheat the system.

If you're playing as Liverpool the board probably wants you to win every title possible. That's because their starting 11 is so highly ranked. If you change their starting 11 before you start your Career, the goals will be adjusted accordingly. This can be done before every new season in Career Mode as well, if you follow one rule.

Put only 60-rated players in the starting 11 and the board will ask you to avoid relegation. Don't do this. You won't be able to manipulate the board in future seasons. The goals will gradually go up one step each year (Finish Mid-Table - Europa league - Champions League - Win).
This, however, doesn't happen if you never get the "Avoid Relegation" goal. Before starting your Career, make sure your starting 11 will get you the "Finish Mid-Table" goal. This may take a couple of tries before getting it right.
Then at the end of every season, before advancing to the next, the board can be manipulated into giving you a "Finish Mid-Table" goal. Just make sure you save before advancing so that you can make changes if you get the wrong goal.

Don't forget you also need to have some lower-rated players on your squad, so don't get rid of them all. If you plan on having a youth squad and promote from there, those players can be good of good use.

I've ran a couple of test careers and this works. I hope they will add an option to just turn firings Off, but for now this will have to do.

If you have any questions, just ask away.
If you start your Career Mode, wouldn't you have to choose the "Current Customized" option for Rosters? I usually choose "Download Latest" so I can still get Fifa points and contribute to the leaderboards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2013, 07:26 PM   #6
Flip That Bat!

Entiae's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JogaAM7
If you start your Career Mode, wouldn't you have to choose the "Current Customized" option for Rosters? I usually choose "Download Latest" so I can still get Fifa points and contribute to the leaderboards.
That's correct.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:46 PM   #7
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by priam11

probably not the reason as stated above but be sure to turn off your kinect language monitor thingy, you can be fired for cussing too much with it on. although you will be warned by the board of directors before it happens.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:14 PM   #8
Pro

ChiTownKid's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtrucker
probably not the reason as stated above but be sure to turn off your kinect language monitor thingy, you can be fired for cussing too much with it on. although you will be warned by the board of directors before it happens.
That has got to be the silliest "feature" ever included in a video game. Ridiculous.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »