Home

Career mode question

This is a discussion on Career mode question within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2014, 06:14 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Career mode question

I'm using Carlisle in league 1. If I get promoted to championship league I'm wondering whether the board will give me extra money for that and if so, how much.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2014, 08:44 PM   #2
Pro

doyce7's Arena

Re: Career mode question

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
I'm using Carlisle in league 1. If I get promoted to championship league I'm wondering whether the board will give me extra money for that and if so, how much.

Thanks.
It seems almost random at times but mostly yes. In my expierence, they give you from 20% to 50% more money than you had in league 1
Old 01-05-2014, 08:48 PM   #3
Just started!

I used Hearts (swapped to League 1).

Got promoted to Championship and only got £250,000 transfer budget and £1,250 weekly wage.

I did start with the 60% extra bonus so having even less money than expected was not very useful.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:46 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I started one of my careers with Preston North End and gained promotion after my second season and my budget was roughly 350k transfer budget, with no more than 15k of weekly wages. It may have been a bit less in both areas though. I'm with you on the 60% increase for the first season. I think I got spoiled with it and was disappointed with my much lower budget in year 2.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:59 AM   #5
Pro

doyce7's Arena

In the CMs I've played it seems like you get a bigger budget every other year. In my FC Koln CM my first year in the Bundesliga I had a budget of 12M, second year was 20M and third was 15M(I think) then it went to 25M.

Makes sense to me, if I spent a ton on a team one year then I might want to take it easy and build my funds back up a bit the next year. Once my funds were back where I want them, then I'll spend big again.

Just a thought
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2014, 01:02 PM   #6
MVP

Thanks for the replies. I'm a bit disappointed, I can compete in the championship league with my current roster but no chance of that in the premier league unless I get an major influx of money.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:56 PM   #7
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
Thanks for the replies. I'm a bit disappointed, I can compete in the championship league with my current roster but no chance of that in the premier league unless I get an major influx of money.
Maybe you need to get promoted, and one season where youre just "staying alive" and hoping to just clear relegation would be your primarily goal. That could be interesting, for sure.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:05 PM   #8
JJT
MVP

JJT's Arena

OVR: 4

Buy the financial takeover from the catalogue when you need those extra funds or to upgrade to good youth scouts

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »