Home

Crosses and Headers ... I suck at this.

This is a discussion on Crosses and Headers ... I suck at this. within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2014, 07:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Crosses and Headers ... I suck at this.

As the title says, I suck at this. The crosses are always off target, and if they aren't off target then they go past the far post and miss everybody completely. Granted I'm new to FIFA, so I haven't been playing for very long and I know there's three different ways to cross the ball in, but I'm talking about the standard single tap square (PS4) cross.

Which brings me to my next problem, headers. Which button is generally used to perform a header in front of the goal? X does a header, circle does a header & square does a header if I'm remembering correctly. Which one should I use? None of them seem to work consistently, and if they do work, then I always miss pretty badly. Honestly I've tried using them all, and I have yet to score once (or even come close to scoring for that matter) as a result.

This wouldn't normally bother me, however crossing and heading are two major portions of any teams offense, and they're completely absent from my attack because I'm so terrible at them I don't even want to try it. Which leads to me always attacking from the front of the net, with regular shots, which is hard enough as it is.

Any help?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2014, 07:36 PM   #2
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Crosses and Headers ... I suck at this.

Check your controller assists. If you have them on manual you pretty much need to turn in to the field and square your players shoulders to the cross target and then get the power right.

Semi helps with direction but you do power

Assisted does both but I think it still accepts a little help from you.

Second thing is crossing is not intuitive. Pressing x is intuitive. But that cross type does not work as expected.

LB + x to cross is your best friend when rampaging down the flank and firing one across to an on rushing player.

The normal x cross you pretty much have to take the ball all the way to the end line, wait for a st to back out of the 6 box and then hit him.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:32 AM   #3
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
Check your controller assists. If you have them on manual you pretty much need to turn in to the field and square your players shoulders to the cross target and then get the power right.

Semi helps with direction but you do power

Assisted does both but I think it still accepts a little help from you.

Second thing is crossing is not intuitive. Pressing x is intuitive. But that cross type does not work as expected.

LB + x to cross is your best friend when rampaging down the flank and firing one across to an on rushing player.

The normal x cross you pretty much have to take the ball all the way to the end line, wait for a st to back out of the 6 box and then hit him.
That's a really good explanation.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:06 AM   #4
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

With crosses, the position of the player delivering the cross is key. For example, if you are sprinting past a defender, then throw the cross in, you are likely to be really inaccurate unless you have a very highly rated player. Most players need a bit of space to slow down and square up to the cross, then it will be much more accurate.

For headers, heading the ball is easy, but getting into position to head a ball towards goal is a challenge. On Xbox, use the left trigger to jostle for position to get yourself into a spot to get your head on the ball. Beating the defender to the ball is key. Get in the right spot, and you'll bury it into the back of then net easily.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »