Home

Manager Team Ideas for a Rookie

This is a discussion on Manager Team Ideas for a Rookie within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2014, 03:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Manager Team Ideas for a Rookie

I have no idea what Im doing in soccer, I bought this game to play club with friends and I have become really interested in it and want to learn more about the sport and how its run. With that in mind i have decided to be a manager of a team and go through the process to learn everything.

I have 2 major problems, I dont really know any Soccer players besides Landon Donovan and I don't really want to be in the MLS. I need help picking a team that would be good to go with for a new guy. Im not very good at the game but I dont want to take a stud team either. I want something thats going to be fun, has some players that I can learn to like, etc.

If anyone has a few ideas please let me know and remember your talking to a guy who has no ideas what leagues half of these teams are even in. Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2014, 03:38 PM   #2
Rookie

BiloxiSmitty's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Manager Team Ideas for a Rookie

Celtic (Scottish League) - Not the best talent in the world, but best in their league by a long stretch.

Ajax (Dutch League) - Good team in the Netherlands, kinda like Celtic.

Tottenham Hotspur (English Premier League) - A team that seems to be on the cusp of being a top Premier League team.

Olympique Marseilles (French League) - Like a French Tottenham Hotspur.

Newcastle United (English Premier League) - I would compare them to the Chicago Cubs, not a bad team, great support, not silverware.

Hope the list helps.

Old 01-11-2014, 07:34 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Roma in the italian league is usually a lot of fun as well.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:12 AM   #4
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

OVR: 2

I've been using Tottenham for my online seasons a lot and really enjoy them. I've played FIFA before but have never gotten into it too much. I understand the sport pretty well but don't know a ton of players and don't really know how most of the league's work or anything. But I've been playing FIFA on PS4 A LOT recently and Tottenham sure does have some players you could get to really like.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:39 PM   #5
Rookie

Tommy9017's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiloxiSmitty
Celtic (Scottish League) - Not the best talent in the world, but best in their league by a long stretch.

Ajax (Dutch League) - Good team in the Netherlands, kinda like Celtic.

Tottenham Hotspur (English Premier League) - A team that seems to be on the cusp of being a top Premier League team.

Olympique Marseilles (French League) - Like a French Tottenham Hotspur.

Newcastle United (English Premier League) - I would compare them to the Chicago Cubs, not a bad team, great support, not silverware.

Hope the list helps.
Actually i had a problem on choosing what team to pick as well and decided to go with New Castle... as i am also a cubs fan lol

So im trying to get them some glory! and make them one of the top teams in the Premier having a lot of fun with them
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2014, 05:29 PM   #6
Rookie

dmankey1's Arena

I went with Napoli. Sold their top talent and brought in young pacey guys and it worked nicely. Did well for 2 season and moved over to Arsenal. Glad to be in the premier league but missed a few players so I bought them again haha.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk now Free
Old 01-30-2014, 02:31 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Ii am from the Netherlands and believe me when i say Feyenoord in the Eredivisie is a very fun team to play with.

The club has got the largest most fanatic fanbase but havent won anything for a while. Ajax and PSV are usually the real contenders and Feyenoord had money issues for years forcing them to implement youth players.

Lucky for them, they have the best youth academy in the Netherlands now for years. So you have some great young talent, money challenge and challenge to get a trophy which the fans are waiting for so long.

Its just a fun team, big striker, fast wingers, talented midfield and defence.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:10 AM   #8
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradkaz96
I have no idea what Im doing in soccer, I bought this game to play club with friends and I have become really interested in it and want to learn more about the sport and how its run. With that in mind i have decided to be a manager of a team and go through the process to learn everything.

I have 2 major problems, I dont really know any Soccer players besides Landon Donovan and I don't really want to be in the MLS. I need help picking a team that would be good to go with for a new guy. Im not very good at the game but I dont want to take a stud team either. I want something thats going to be fun, has some players that I can learn to like, etc.

If anyone has a few ideas please let me know and remember your talking to a guy who has no ideas what leagues half of these teams are even in. Thanks

If you dont want a stud team, but want something reasonably fun to play with, I second the Dutch league(Eredivisie). Any of the higher ranked team in that league would be fun(Ajax, Feyenoord, PSV, Utrecht). Higher ranked teams in the Belgian league are fun also. I'm usually partial to playing as a team in the English Championship(strange naming I know, but its the second highest league in England, teams from this league get promoted to the Premier League). Its great to play as a tier-2 team in the championship and get promoted to play against the big boys. Teams I recommend in this league are: QPR, Middlesborough, Blackburn and a few other higher ranked teams.

Hope you enjoy!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »