Home

Outside of the foot shot?

This is a discussion on Outside of the foot shot? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2014, 06:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Outside of the foot shot?

I'm having trouble getting this down; I've watched the Youtube video several times and for some reason whenever I'm positioned in that area, the player uses his toe or inside of foot. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Or any tips?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2014, 06:47 PM   #2
MVP

BL8001's Arena

Re: Outside of the foot shot?

Link the vid?

For me it seems random with better strikers definitely using the outside of the boot, stronger foot, way more than the weak foot.

The worse your player is rated the more they seem to like using the weak foot.

As a side note, I am so sick of announcers talking about a player and his weak foot and lack of training and blah blah blah, particularly when this player has just sizzled one right over the bar with his weak foot.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:46 PM   #3
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
Link the vid?

For me it seems random with better strikers definitely using the outside of the boot, stronger foot, way more than the weak foot.

The worse your player is rated the more they seem to like using the weak foot.

As a side note, I am so sick of announcers talking about a player and his weak foot and lack of training and blah blah blah, particularly when this player has just sizzled one right over the bar with his weak foot.
I don't know, my virtual pro just refuses to use his weak foot, no matter how much i push that ball in that direction. instead he shoots from the outside of his strong foot or with his toes. it is so awkward looking at times.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:21 PM   #4
MVP

BL8001's Arena

Shooting to me is just kind of weird in fifa.

For every shot where I am like ok I get it now, there are 7 shots where I think what did I do differently that made that horrible shot happen?

Benzema on my fut team I can shoot with my eyes closed and power it up however I want and it goes right where I want it to.

Koro Kone on Dijon in my cm can only find the net if I use RB and shoot delicately or if a normal shot I must tap it slightly or the shot is horrendous.

The stupid shooting skill game with the sliding blocker wall and dummy is even worse. If shooting is on a clock face and 3pm is right down the middle then you would logically think 2 and 4 would be left and right post. Except no. It's more like 2:55 is left post and 3:05 is right post.

Not to mention the variables of how did the ball arrive at your foot, how much is it bouncing or off the ground, where is your plant foot, what degree offset are you from the goal, where are you holding the stick, how much power was applied, etc.

Sometimes I think it's a miracle it ever goes anywhere near the goal.

My main gripe with everything about this game is nothing works twice. So I never feel like ok this is how you do this. I have done some truly amazing looking things in this game and then exactly repeated the same thing on the controller and some sort of randomness factor makes the result wildly different.

The point of this is, if you figure out how to hit one with the outside of the boot it will probably work once.

It's 2014 and this is around the 24th edition of this game and we can't pick which foot we want to shoot with? Even if it was simply double tap RB to use dominant foot. Something, anything...
Old 02-10-2014, 08:37 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
Link the vid?

sorry, new here, not sure how to attach/embed Youtube vids, here's the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob5eySteMBU

i have tried for days now and I can't seem to get it. I've tried high rated and low rated players, I've tried to do it in the Practice Mode, I've tried everything I can think of. All the other shot achievements came very naturally and very early in my playtime, this one I still don't have.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2014, 11:24 PM   #6
Rookie

Ironically enough, I FINALLY did it tonight by chance---started an online season, was in my "trophy match" tied 1-1; the outside-foot shot curved into the far post and pushed me ahead to win the title and earn my first true orgasmic FIFA experience.

As someone who is fairly new to the game, they now have a fan for life.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:00 PM   #7
Rookie

Pats4Life's Arena

Its a trait. The player has to have the trait to be able to do that type of shot.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:47 AM   #8
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

actually you dont need the trait to do the shot, the trait just makes you do it more often. also you can only get traits in virtual pro mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »