Home

Youth Star In The Making?

This is a discussion on Youth Star In The Making? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2014, 10:58 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 12
Youth Star In The Making?

I am Newcastle United, EPL, 10 Minute Halves, Professional.

So, I signed a 15 year-old from the youth academy. My scouts put his overall range potential between 70 and 95.

So, I played him in one game against some lower level competition. His passes are awesome. His through-balls are out of this world. He places through-balls just in the place the teammate needs it to be. In addition, he scored the game's only goal. Now, he is slow and tiny so that tempered my excitement.

As a result of his stellar performance. I made him a reserve. So, we were up 2 to 0 against a mid-table team. My leading scorer got a yellow card, so I put in the youth player and subbed out my leading scorer. Well, the youth player did extremely well. He scored a goal, and continued his contributions to the team. Now, he did not get much off in the way of passes and was hampered somewhat by the defense. However, he held his own.

So, I have a few questions. Should he start with the first team? Should I extend his contract now to avoid high costs later when his skills go up? Do you think he will be a great player? If I continue playing him and he does well, will this help his skills grow even faster?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2014, 03:36 AM   #2
Just started!

Hawkeyenation9's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Youth Star In The Making?

You should extend his contract as soon as possible, for as little as possible. Include him amongst the first team every couple games and have him come on as a sub. There is no reason why he should have to start at 15.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:06 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7

Check out the youth academy thread in the previous gen section below this one if you really want to know. There are ways to tell these kinds of things with a great degree of accuracy and a "right and wrong" way to handle the academy. Those things make it almost mathematic so some probably prefer to look upon those kinds of details as spoilers and just play.

Some of the things you will find out will definitly take away some of the joy you felt playing that "15"; who I am assuming had at least turned 16 since you can't sign 15s to the main squad; year old.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:02 PM   #4
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

you should have kept him in your academy till he was 17. I wouldn't worry about resigning him for a longer contract. He will eventually ask for a higher wage and you will end up extending his contract anyways.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:51 PM   #5
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

I usually try to keep my Youth players in the youth squad until they complain they want out. When they enter they will be even better, Most will be high 60's low 70's if they have a high potential.

I usually keep them in reserves and play them against low level teams as well. If you can get him 10-15 appearances he will improve a lot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2014, 10:38 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeamg0dly
you should have kept him in your academy till he was 17. I wouldn't worry about resigning him for a longer contract. He will eventually ask for a higher wage and you will end up extending his contract anyways.
But if they stay in Youth Academy too long, don't other teams sign them?
Old 03-10-2014, 11:28 PM   #7
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

only if the player wants to leave. you will get a message saying the player wants out. thats when you sign them, otherwise wait till after may.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »