Home

What is Match Rating exactly?

This is a discussion on What is Match Rating exactly? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2014, 08:34 PM   #1
Pro

ASUBoy93's Arena

OVR: 2
What is Match Rating exactly?

I am new to FIFA, and soccer in general, and I don't understand how this seemingly arbitrary performance evaluator works.

What affects this stat? And how do I keep it high so I can pass these match goals? I am always hovering between 5.6 and 6.3 and can't get out of this. My form is down to "bad" and I now only start every 3 or 4 games even though I am playing in Ireland's league.

If this has been answered before in other threads about FIFA 14 next-gen then I apologize and would welcome a link.

Thanks for any help.

NFL: Seattle Seahawks
NBA: Phoenix Suns
MLB: Arizona D-Backs
NHL: Arizona Coyotes
NCAA: Arizona State Sun Devils/Florida Gators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2014, 01:55 PM   #2
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: What is Match Rating exactly?

Ya, its definitely not the best, but better than previous years. The best advice i can give you aside from scoring is, to complete passes and not tackle unless youre sure you can get the ball.
Old 03-15-2014, 12:39 AM   #3
Pro

ASUBoy93's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grallis
Ya, its definitely not the best, but better than previous years. The best advice i can give you aside from scoring is, to complete passes and not tackle unless youre sure you can get the ball.
The problem is that I've been completing roughly 84% of my passes (which I assume is alright?) and I've started getting goals and assists but sometimes it randomly drops based off of what I guess is my positioning. Only problem is that I am in the same positioning that was giving me points only a few possessions before. I understand that maybe teams alter their approach but I have no idea what to do.

I was playing against a team and got my first goal of my career and jumped from 5.8 to about 8.4, then I discovered I was getting rewarded more for my positioning and I managed to get to about 9.4, then everything went down the drain as I started randomly dropping every 20 seconds or so. I finished with 8.2 and was very frustrated. It's really annoying that the game doesn't explain why I am dropping in things. I wish it was more like the system in place for NHL 14.

NFL: Seattle Seahawks
NBA: Phoenix Suns
MLB: Arizona D-Backs
NHL: Arizona Coyotes
NCAA: Arizona State Sun Devils/Florida Gators
Old 03-15-2014, 04:47 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 7

Yeah, I am still searching for the magic of this too. I play an aggressive attacking game and in career mode my strikers stay in perfect form. My center men keep the angled up arrow but never go to straight up. My back line/keeper bounces between angled up and no arrow.

Also I almost hate to use subs in the back line/center late in the game because they always end up with horrible ratings. I would really love to get a better handle on this because I am developing my team exclusively with Youth team players at this point so maximizing growth is important with my star players all getting into the late 20 - early 30 range.

Keeper development is a known issue but I have even taken to moving young center and back men up to the front line to get some goals in games that are already decided. That seems to be the one way that is sure to get match rating up at least a little.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »