Home

EA Access for Xbox One: Play EA Games Up to Five Days Before the Release Date

This is a discussion on EA Access for Xbox One: Play EA Games Up to Five Days Before the Release Date within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2014, 01:34 PM   #9
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: EA Access for Xbox One: Play EA Games Up to Five Days Before the Release Date

SOOOOOOO happy I bought both a One and a PS4.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:37 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: EA Access for Xbox One: Play EA Games Up to Five Days Before the Release Date

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblithe20
Exclusivity is so dumb in the gaming industry. It's nice that more games have things exclusive to ps4, but I'd rather everyone get everything at the same time.
Console exclusivity is one thing. Some titles just have to be on certain consoles that others can't handle. (Although with MGS coming to X1 now, Kojima is proving that wrong). BUT for games that are multi console, (i.e. Madden) they should NOT be exclusive to ONE developer. (Heck, even CoD went to 3 different devs for their games, Yes I understand so it allows a 3 year cycle), but for a sports game, a lack of competition only hinders the process. (Look at FIFA, it's the best because it has PES pushing it). Madden NEEDS 2k to get back into the NFL business to make it better. (Too bad Roger Goodell doesn't understand that).
Old 07-29-2014, 01:37 PM   #11
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: EA Access for Xbox One: The Best Way to Play EA’s Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
Because just like the exclusive licensing rights for ONLY EA to make the game in the first place, Microsoft has a deal with NFL for things to be exclusive to Xbox One when it comes to Madden. (OR if it's coming to both X1 and PS4, it'll be on X1 first, before PS4).
I dont think that has anything to do with it. EA Access covers more than just Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2014, 11:53 AM   #12
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Turns out this isn't on PlayStation 4 because Sony turned down the service. Not because of some deal with EA and Microsoft.

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/so...ess/1100-4974/
-----
The company determined EA's offering "does not bring the kind of value PlayStation customers have come to expect." Ouch.

The newly announced EA Access subscription service from Electronics Arts is exclusive to Xbox One, but only because Sony passed on the program, it seems.

For a monthly ($4.99) or annual ($29.99) fee, EA Access grants a 10% discount on digital purchases, a chance to play retail releases early, and a back catalog of games in The Vault, which currently includes Battlefield 4, Peggle 2, FIFA 14, and Madden NFL 25.

Unless something changes, though, don't expect it on PlayStation 4 or Vita.
“We evaluated the EA Access subscription offering and decided that it does not bring the kind of value PlayStation customers have come to expect,” the company said in a statement. “PlayStation Plus memberships are up more than 200% since the launch of PlayStation 4, which shows that gamers are looking for memberships that offer a multitude of services, across various devices, for one low price. We don’t think asking our fans to pay an additional $5 a month for this EA-specific program represents good value to the PlayStation gamer.”

While it's possible this is completely about Sony making a value judgement of EA Access for PlayStation owners, it's also likely Sony views EA Access as competition to PlayStation Plus. The question is whether EA won't bother including its releases as part of PlayStation Plus in the future. I'm betting it doesn't go that far.

----

Not sure how I feel about that really. I mean I had the Season ticket for one year and canceled because I didn't think it was worth my money. But I think its dumb for Sony to make that call for its users/customers. Because I am sure many people would actually want it on PS4.

Like many others I think this has more to do with it being a competitor to PlayStation Now than anything else.

Last edited by Zac; 07-30-2014 at 12:14 PM.
Old 07-30-2014, 12:49 PM   #13
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

This is a pretty great deal IMO, a definite purchase even though I do wish it was on PS4.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »