Home

Fifa 15 emotion means nothing

This is a discussion on Fifa 15 emotion means nothing within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 11:18 AM   #9
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Fifa 15 emotion means nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Not even form?

I like the idea of form being replicated in a video game because it adds incentive to not just playing the better rated player(s). Now that form needs to be based on performance. Some might find this tedious but I feel like as a manager of a club you should be able to set individual performance goals.
How do you define "Form"? Is it purely level fatigue? If so, then that is something that can be calculated by the CPU. And obviously that should be in the game. I am more sketchy about scenarios like "Player xyz just squandered a great opportunity, so now he must be frustated so drop his ratings by 20%"
Old 08-04-2014, 02:17 PM   #10
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
How do you define "Form"? Is it purely level fatigue? If so, then that is something that can be calculated by the CPU. And obviously that should be in the game. I am more sketchy about scenarios like "Player xyz just squandered a great opportunity, so now he must be frustated so drop his ratings by 20%"
IMO Form is strictly performance based. PES Be a Legend used to have objectives that changed every match, "support the attackers", "track back on defense", etc... FIFA's Be a Pro has season-long objectives, "Score X amount of goals", "Create X amount of chances", etc...

Both games also have match ratings which should (and might in FIFA's case) influence form but in-game form, as you mention, is a lot harder to digest for people, especially in a game like soccer where it's harder to notice certain positions are struggling unlike bball where you can see a SG is struggling with his shot or in football where a QB is having an off day accuracy-wise.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that overall player form should be in there and it somehow needs to fit into a model that reflects team chemistry.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:26 PM   #11
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0

Form or emotion or whatever we want to call it already exists in the game. It's called difficulty level.

If you play on am your players are eusebio, pele, puskas, etc.

As you go up diff levels your team become more and more sluggish, unresponsive and idiotic.

It's one of the worst difficulty systems in sports video games.

So why not turn it into a positive? Instead of how it is currently where your whole team are brilliant or rubes, use the end of game rating to dictate how each player will behave.

Now individuals would stand out in a sport that has a lot to do with individual effort.

The CPU would benefit from this greatly, maybe with this system they would actually target players who were in form meaning those who should be threats on the field would be threats on the field.

Every team would now have a unique feel to them and there would be less struggling with the minnows just because ea felt like borking your superior team for the hell of it.

A whole bunch of things would be better than the way they are now in FiFa.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:41 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 6

Did people believe this would have any impact? And if so why? It's a cosmetic improvement designed to improve the games atmosphere and create a new layer of immersion. Maybe some tweaks can be made next year but I'm thrilled with this new addition.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:45 PM   #13
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrollbar
Did people believe this would have any impact? And if so why? It's a cosmetic improvement designed to improve the games atmosphere and create a new layer of immersion. Maybe some tweaks can be made next year but I'm thrilled with this new addition.
That is now how they originally pitched it and touted it. They made it seem like it would have an impact on the game.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...intensity.html

^ They talk about how if a player gets tackled hard it changes how he responds to that player. And if a guy is shooting poorly his teams mates get frustrated with him. Well what good is all that if its just some stupid extra animation thing I have to hit the button to skip all the time because its interrupting the flow the game and wasting my time. Also if its not actually affecting the game in anyway, why even put it in at all. Its will be cool for the first two matches you play. Then its just skip, skip, skip, skip. If all it is, is an extra animation its pointless fluff.

Last edited by Zac; 08-04-2014 at 10:57 PM.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:09 AM   #14
Banned

Hutton's Arena

It would be pretty neat to see the CPU AI evolve their tactic if for instance a striker scores an unexpected goal, and they begin to mold their attack around the player, looking to him more as a focal point in their attack.

But this of course assumes that EA has any type of "focal point" of attack implemented into the game, i.e. Barca actively looking to feed the ball to Messi outside the box, or Real Madrid targeting Bale on the wing. This IMO has always been lacking from FIFA titles, and the new emotion engine could have been a nice way to string together some sort of focused CPU AI tactics.
Old 08-05-2014, 02:22 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by oulzac
That is now how they originally pitched it and touted it. They made it seem like it would have an impact on the game.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...intensity.html

^ They talk about how if a player gets tackled hard it changes how he responds to that player. And if a guy is shooting poorly his teams mates get frustrated with him. Well what good is all that if its just some stupid extra animation thing I have to hit the button to skip all the time because its interrupting the flow the game and wasting my time. Also if its not actually affecting the game in anyway, why even put it in at all. Its will be cool for the first two matches you play. Then its just skip, skip, skip, skip. If all it is, is an extra animation its pointless fluff.
I watched that trailer and at no point did I consider it as selling a change in how the game plays. It's cosmetic and adds a much needed layer of depth and realism.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2014, 07:33 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

I was hoping the emotions would play in to the ratings. That was something I really enjoyed in Madden a couple of years ago. your play affected the player ratings.

I wish EA would implement features and take the approach that Sony does with the Show, they give you the new feature or interface but you can use the old methods whenever you want by flipping a switch.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »