Home

Fifa 15 emotion means nothing

This is a discussion on Fifa 15 emotion means nothing within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 12:06 PM   #17
mfp
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Fifa 15 emotion means nothing

It's actually a really good thing that emotion doesn't affect gameplay. Just look at PES's heart system to see how frustrating it can be to have something like this.

Even if you think it could be implemented better, ask yourself whether you want the game decided by your skill or the game's interpretation of a how a player is feeling during a game? Personally I don't want my striker missing a sitter simply because the game determines he's frustrated or feeling the pressure or whatever.

That said, it's disappointing that EA have invested so heavily in the presentation of the game and not so much in the underlying gameplay mechanics.
Old 08-16-2014, 01:04 PM   #18
Rookie

The way I see it you yourself (we the gamers) bring the emotion. When I get frustrated, tired, calm, focused etc I play better/worse. It is not needed to exaggerate that with an AI making it even more difficult through tough times

A players form (indicated with an arrow for example) is something completely different since I have that information beforehand and can make changes to my line-up beforehand.

With that said I really like the system the way they made it. For now at least... I might change my mind...

Last edited by stahre; 08-16-2014 at 01:10 PM.
Old 08-16-2014, 08:19 PM   #19
MVP

drunkenferret's Arena

Until you have true AI, which is another issue entirely, emotion doesn't work, because the exploiting would be far too easy. Say you do something to unhinge Wayne Rooney in a game, and then you find it works every time you play him...as the cpu...he isn't going to learn to control himself like a human player might in real life...as Orion and others say this opens up a rather nasty can of worms...if ai is better, and refs are better then I am fine with it being this way as well.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:46 PM   #20
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Well, after playing this years Madden and seeing how broken the confidence system is. I am glad emotion in FIFA will not effect game play. I was in the other camp until this. I hope they leave it out until they can perfect the system.

Old 08-29-2014, 01:57 AM   #21
Rookie

Scary Larry's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
Well, after playing this years Madden and seeing how broken the confidence system is. I am glad emotion in FIFA will not effect game play. I was in the other camp until this. I hope they leave it out until they can perfect the system.
Not to hijack a FIFA thread, but is Madden really worth getting? Been playing FIFA exclusively since 07's Madden game pissed me off and I've been reluctant to get back on Madden's bandwagon. This years FIFA doesn't seem much different from last years. At least mode wise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2014, 02:49 AM   #22
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scary Larry
Not to hijack a FIFA thread, but is Madden really worth getting? Been playing FIFA exclusively since 07's Madden game pissed me off and I've been reluctant to get back on Madden's bandwagon. This years FIFA doesn't seem much different from last years. At least mode wise.
If you haven't played Madden since 07 then yeah I would say go ahead and pick this up. But maybe rent it first to make sure you like it. I personally think this is the best madden in a long time. But its still madden, and still has many faults. And I personally only play madden for one month and the sell it before FIFA comes out. But this year I will keep this one to play the occasional game.

Old 09-03-2014, 04:13 PM   #23
Rookie

I cannot enjoy EA's sports games they're too scripted...

Hit "Madden 09 TV Spot (Leon)" into Google search...

Depending on how you play they can monumentally screw you over in its bid to balance the brain gaps between the players.

I hate any form of IQ balancing, but their engines can apply this far too strongly and far too regularly in a bid to keep casuals interested and therefore investing in Ultimate Team.

Them IQ balancing them and then labelling it capturing the unpredictability of these sports.

I don't want to concede unpredictable goals because the engine suddenly won't allow me to pass, tackle, header etc properly while breaking laws of physics in the process and while these invisible forces are pushing me all over the place and/or because it won't allow me to select a defender while they maybe run away from the ball and **** like that.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:50 PM   #24
Pro

OneDrop's Arena

I don't believe in any kind of scripting. Here's why: On FIFA 13 I played around 70 online seasons games and I had zero losses. I mean, if it really wanted me to lose (and according to your logic it would want me to lose) I would have lost. And I'm sure if there was 'scripting' it wouldn't have let me win all those games. People don't like to admit their opponent was better than them and search for things to blame except themselves. There's the occassional AI brainfart but I don't believe it's because the game decided you should lose. The better team IRL doesn't always win either, it's what makes football so beautiful.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »