Home

Goals that go in but arent counted?

This is a discussion on Goals that go in but arent counted? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2014, 06:00 AM   #1
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1
Goals that go in but arent counted?

Has anyone seen this? A shot that say pings off the crossbar, goes down towards the goaline, when paused is clearly "in", but is not counted as a goal?

I had one tonight. I swear Ive seen them before, but this was a great play by the AI and a great clearance by my d-man. Upon replay, the ball clearly showed in.

Im not sure if this is a bug/miscalculation or an intentional feature, but if it's intentional, I like it a lot. Nice to see it happen to the AI too, rather than to me all the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2014, 08:21 AM   #2
Pro

NightmareBooster's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Goals that go in but arent counted?

Are you sure it's really a goal? Does the entire ball cross the line? I ask because I'm fairly certain that the game treats goals the same way they treat offsides calls in that they're never wrong so as not to cause any ire by goals being scored by CPU players that were offsides.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:35 AM   #3
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

Youre probably right, and I must have checked it almost 20 times, but if the ball is not all the way over, it must be 97%-99% over. Going by the reasoning as to why EA calls offsides as exact as they do, I'd have to say that using the same rule to govern whether a ball is in the net or not is more confusing to the beginner. There is no line judge in the world that would have called this shot a no goal.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:38 AM   #4
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

I've never seen this happen. Which is why I was shocked 15 has goal line tech. I've probably played 14 for well over 500 hours. And I've never seen a goal not get counted, or come close to even being questionable.

Old 08-19-2014, 12:59 PM   #5
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

I saved a video of the incident, but unfortunately its not the best angle for viewing the ball and the line, but not terrible. Maybe I'll upload a screenshot. I wish they would add uploading videos to youtube already ...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2014, 02:25 PM   #6
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grallis
I saved a video of the incident, but unfortunately its not the best angle for viewing the ball and the line, but not terrible. Maybe I'll upload a screenshot. I wish they would add uploading videos to youtube already ...
PS4 or xbox one? xbox one is the easiest to upload from. PS4 not so much. But you can stick a thumb drive in the usb slot and copy it off, then upload to youtube or where ever. On xbox one you can upload to a onedrive account and then put it where ever.

Old 08-27-2014, 04:15 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareBooster
Are you sure it's really a goal? Does the entire ball cross the line? I ask because I'm fairly certain that the game treats goals the same way they treat offsides calls in that they're never wrong so as not to cause any ire by goals being scored by CPU players that were offsides.
Probably, and I hate that games that call themselves sports sims have referees that never make mistakes. Personally I wouldn't be angry at EA if a CPU team got a goal while offside, I'd yell at the virtual ref but applaud EA for adding such a feature, as long as it was done properly of course and wasn't something that happened in 50% of the games I played.

I'm going with the ball looked like it was in but part of it was still on the line, remember the part of the ball that's touchy the ground could be completely over but hovering over the line in another spot and that's still no goal.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:06 PM   #8
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

I agree, it was probably still on the line .. maybe 2 or 3%, so little so that it looked in. It's also frustrating that my friends and I have NHL tourneys, and we have seen and scrutinized through instant replay that rarely, but definitely, NHL allows uncalled offsides ... unless of course it's a glitch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »