Home

Fifa 15, PC or Console??

This is a discussion on Fifa 15, PC or Console?? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2014, 02:22 PM   #1
Rookie

japsubie's Arena

OVR: 0
Fifa 15, PC or Console??

I've seen quite a few posts about how great FIFA 15 is on the pc, well, FIFA in general. I wanted to compile a place where we could all perhaps list all of the great things about the pc version or next gen console versions, differences between pc and next gen consoles. I own a ps4, but have decided to begin building my first pc and now have the lovely time of figuring out which version of '15 I should buy. im really torn because its so close to release date, and i dont want to buy it for ps4 and find out its better on the pc. i figured this would not only be a good post for me personally, but for anyone out there who could also be torn about which version they should buy, if not both! so if any of you guys have any knowledge of any benefits to one over the other please let me know, i want to try to make the most informed decision i can.
Please give any and all reasons as to what is good or bad about the pc version or console versions, thanks!!

I've also heard about how you can mod the pc version. And this net extender (I think) for the demo? If someone could touch on that, that'd be awesome.

EDIT: The majority of my Fifa gaming consists of career mode which is why im posting this here. i dont care about FUT what so ever, so the amount of players online or the marketplace differences between consoles does not matter to me. just want overall gameplay, any in depth info about career mode differences (if any)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2014, 02:31 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: Fifa 15, PC or Console??

This type of thread gets talked about a lot. If you're going to build a gaming PC that can handle the current Gen games anyways, then I'd say go with the PC version. It's pretty much identical (feature wise) to the console versions this year and you'll have the ability to mod the game. That in of itself is a whole subject that you'll have to learn about but it's not hard to get into.

And in your case where you're primarily an offline career mode guy (like me). There really aren't many benefits to going with the console version. You'll pay more to build your PC than you did for your PS4 but you'll end up paying less for the games over the life of your rig. Graphics will be better if you build a powerful PC especially when you start tweaking stuff (Adding SweetFX, player faces, etc.). So that's pretty much that.

Last edited by clipperfan811; 09-15-2014 at 06:48 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-15-2014, 02:36 PM   #3
Rookie

japsubie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipperfan811
This type of thread gets talked about a lot. If you're going to build a gaming PC that can handle the current Gen games anyways, then I'd say go with the PC version. It's pretty much identical (feature wise) to the console versions this year and you'll have the ability to mod the game. That in of itself is a whole subject that you'll have to learn about but it's not hard to get into.

And in your case where you're primarily an online career mode guy (like me). There really aren't many benefits to going with the console version. You'll pay more to build your PC than you did for your PS4 but you'll end up paying less for the games over the life of your rig. Graphics will be better if you build a powerful PC especially when you start tweaking stuff (Adding SweetFX, player faces, etc.). So that's pretty much that.
well in all honesty, that simple answer pretty much does do it all. i think now its hoping that i have the right equipment, or build to get FIFA 15 come release date. id love to be able to mod my game. i plan to display it on my 32" TV so i can play with my gf, any issues i need to know regarding that??
Old 09-15-2014, 03:31 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 12

You won't have any issues at all hooking it up to a tv. Any half decent video card will have a HDMI output and dvi (which you can use an adapter to change to VGA).
Old 09-15-2014, 06:43 PM   #5
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

You should get PC, play it with a XBOX wired controller like I do for NBA 2K. It plays just like console except you can.
1: Update the rosters with fan made rosters instead of being forced to use the official updates, which sometimes come very late.
2: Mod the graphics to look better.
3: Change other things like use retro kits that aren't in the game or add new player faces.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2014, 07:02 PM   #6
Pro

OneDrop's Arena

If it's FIFA or NBA and you don't care much about online, always go with the PC version. The mods make it so much better. By the start of 2015 your FIFA 15 will look nothing like the console version anymore, it'll just look so much more realistic. You'll have tattoos, better lightning, better rain, a ton more shoes, more chants for teams, most players will have their real face, more stadiums, more real TV scoreboards and splash screens (like the Champions league presentation with the epic music), new balls, real adboards for non-EPL teams, CL.INI's that change the gameplay (more long shots, more fouls, etc), ...

A few weeks ago I decided to play FIFA 14 on my PS3 and when I compared it to the FIFA 14 I had on my PC, it looked and played so different. It were like two different games. My FIFA 14 on PC was like FIFA 14 last-gen on steroids.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:11 PM   #7
Pro

SeaNNyT's Arena

OVR: 10

PC with a gamepad.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:58 AM   #8
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

If you'tr a non FUT player PC definitely. I was dumb and bought a next gen console that is basically my FIFA and Madden Machine now. But if the FUT market isn't terrible on PC this year I will buy a PC copy of FIFA also.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »