Home

Official FUT 15 Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Official FUT 15 Discussion Thread within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2014, 07:02 PM   #73

kaletore11's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Official FUT 15 Discussion Thread

Just pulled this guy.

Not the best in form, but you can't complain after pulling an in form of any sort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Positive HIV test results > fans talking class in sports

Old 09-26-2014, 07:53 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Wise_One
He may be in a terrible league....but my oh my is this guy a stud. He only cost me 3k coins.

Made a whole squad with this guy
Old 09-26-2014, 09:38 PM   #75
ERA
MVP

ERA's Arena

OVR: 6

I feel like a million bucks right now.

Taking advantage of the servers being how they are at the moment, I bagged a David Silva for 20K and a Schweinsteiger for 33.5K. Not bad.

And I randomly received a random 20K. Kind of weird, but I'll take it!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk now Free

Chelsea FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2014, 11:06 PM   #76
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyxGoDxIsxGrEaTeR
Made a whole squad with this guy
I'm interested in how it looks. There are only so many ways around that league and nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERA
I feel like a million bucks right now.

Taking advantage of the servers being how they are at the moment, I bagged a David Silva for 20K and a Schweinsteiger for 33.5K. Not bad.

And I randomly received a random 20K. Kind of weird, but I'll take it!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk now Free
Yeah I got 3 inform players for around 8k which is below discard price. Saw someone pull Aguero for 30k...
Old 09-27-2014, 01:53 AM   #77
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

OVR: 18

No special deals yet. Just biding my time with my crappy starter set earning coins to buy some special players. Looking to get Ramsey, Ozil, and Walcott to build around.
Old 09-27-2014, 03:33 AM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 5

Having not played FIFA for a couple of years (and not previously getting into FUT mode), I have a few questions I am hoping someone can please assist me with.

1) Are player values simply dictated by supply and demand? For instance, a player like Alberto Moreno is rated 78 and costs in the range of 10,000, yet Ashley Cole and Jose Enrique (who are rated similarly) are less than half that. Is this simply because Moreno plays for Liverpool and has had a good start to his season IRL and therefore, more fans want him?

2) How often (if at all) are player ratings tweaked by EA? For instance, if my goalie has a couple of solid weeks at his club (without necessarily being in the overall Team of the Week), can I expect his rating to go up? And furthermore, if for example, Lovren scored two goals for Liverpool against Everton tonight, would it make sense for me to buy him ASAP on the assumption his price will rise?

3) If a player is seriously injured or suspended IRL, is he also in FUT?

4) What do the darker highlighted cards represent? See how Watt and Pawelk are a deeper bronze colour than their similarly rated team mates? What does that mean?

4) Do you guys just dump all of your cheap bronze players who will never ultimately play in your squad?

5) What does the 'Contracts' number mean on the player card? Is that how many games he can play for you before having to re-sign? I hope not, because I imagine it will be a pain in the *** to manage that...

6) Does EA take a commission for each card sale, or is it as simple as deducting what you paid from what you sold it for to determine your profit?

7) Beyond anything I've asked above, any general tips? Obviously, 'buy low, sell high' but I just want to know what influences player ratings, prices and overall demand. Cheers!

Last edited by Alistair; 09-27-2014 at 03:53 AM.
Old 09-27-2014, 04:49 AM   #79
Just started!

OVR: 0

Just pulled Reus.. Sold him and got full rare team with few fitness cards! :P

Old 09-27-2014, 05:17 AM   #80

kaletore11's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair
Having not played FIFA for a couple of years (and not previously getting into FUT mode), I have a few questions I am hoping someone can please assist me with.

1) Are player values simply dictated by supply and demand? For instance, a player like Alberto Moreno is rated 78 and costs in the range of 10,000, yet Ashley Cole and Jose Enrique (who are rated similarly) are less than half that. Is this simply because Moreno plays for Liverpool and has had a good start to his season IRL and therefore, more fans want him?

2) How often (if at all) are player ratings tweaked by EA? For instance, if my goalie has a couple of solid weeks at his club (without necessarily being in the overall Team of the Week), can I expect his rating to go up? And furthermore, if for example, Lovren scored two goals for Liverpool against Everton tonight, would it make sense for me to buy him ASAP on the assumption his price will rise?

3) If a player is seriously injured or suspended IRL, is he also in FUT?

4) What do the darker highlighted cards represent? See how Watt and Pawelk are a deeper bronze colour than their similarly rated team mates? What does that mean?

4) Do you guys just dump all of your cheap bronze players who will never ultimately play in your squad?

5) What does the 'Contracts' number mean on the player card? Is that how many games he can play for you before having to re-sign? I hope not, because I imagine it will be a pain in the *** to manage that...

6) Does EA take a commission for each card sale, or is it as simple as deducting what you paid from what you sold it for to determine your profit?

7) Beyond anything I've asked above, any general tips? Obviously, 'buy low, sell high' but I just want to know what influences player ratings, prices and overall demand. Cheers!
1) Yes, that's exactly how prices are formed. Popular players from popular clubs will always be worth more than similar players from a less popular club.

2) Not very often. I think they did a big stat boost in February and that was about it. Hunt for players who will get an IF though, it's always smart to buy a bunch of them and sell when their in form drops. I made a ton o money on Lukaku last year by doing that.

3) No.

4) Shiny cards are rare, the others are regular. Rare doesn't mean better though, they just discard for more coins.

5) Yes, but I always check their price first. Some of them actually go for a little coin.

6) Unfortunately YES. When your contracts run out for a player, you have to apply a new contract card on him. But if it's a cheap player, it's easier to just sell him and buy a new card of his for the same price.

7) They have an EA tax or whatever, I think they take 5% or so.

8) Check out fifauteam, their web site has a TON of useful tips and tricks for FUT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Positive HIV test results > fans talking class in sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »