Home

what team are you using and why?

This is a discussion on what team are you using and why? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2014, 11:50 AM   #17
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: what team are you using and why?

Starting with my usual Spurs dynasty and forming them into a 3-5-2. I usually get rid of everyone over a certain age, 25-27 depending on my mood, and start building with youth. I was surprised last night when I was offered 35,000,000 EUR for Lloris after the 12-14 mil in FIFA 14
Old 09-24-2014, 12:15 PM   #18
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Usually I'm playing as Forest in all modes, but with the increased focus on the EPL this year I may play a tournament season as Leicester or Swansea -- nice looking stadiums, solid EPL sides that are not too overpowered.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:48 PM   #19
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10

Ipswich Town FC from the FL Championship. I chose them every year because they're the club that got me rooted into football. Also, trying to take a mid-table Championship level team to the Premiere League is surprisingly tough...especially when I use the strict money rules.
Old 09-24-2014, 01:23 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgrd1080
I normally take a team from league 2 and work on getting them up the the premier league or take a small obscure team from Holland or something and work them into powerhouses. I just can't get over the epl's different stadium options, so now I'm using crystal palace instead, but feel like im cheating myself almost.
Been doing the same thing for years...take a low rung team and work up to dominating the Premiership and Euro.

This year and last I've been using Notts County...because of the 3 jerseys (H/A/Retro) more than anything else. I moved them into slightly better digs for a home stadium but its still Meadow Lane.

These first two years getting up to the Premiership is always fun...lol...until you face the top teams in the various cup runs then its...oh yeah, these guys are kinda cruddy even with my additions. That first year in the Premiership in this '15 release I think will also be a little bit of a reality check time too. What I mean is that I'm still stomping lesser teams but equal teams are not patsies anymore so far.

"What I look forward to is continued immaturity followed by death"
-Dave Barry
Old 09-24-2014, 04:21 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

So lets say i take leeds to the epl after 1 season...what am i missing out on exactly now thats the epl is fully featured in game?

Is it only that i have to use ivy lane instead of tbeir own stadium? I would still have the epl presentation right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2014, 05:49 PM   #22
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaupie
So lets say i take leeds to the epl after 1 season...what am i missing out on exactly now thats the epl is fully featured in game?

Is it only that i have to use ivy lane instead of tbeir own stadium? I would still have the epl presentation right?
yeah and their chants might not be a thorough as it would be for a team that is currently in the BPL.

the other option would be to take a team like Burnley and switch them back into a lower division so you can have the full treatment on the team and then still get back to the BPL.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:57 PM   #23
Rookie

SportsNut84's Arena

Tottenham.....love the stadium and their kits as well,it's a plus they have a deep roster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT-SportsNut84
Old 09-24-2014, 07:49 PM   #24
Just started!

morbid snails's Arena

The mighty Spurs, as i've been a massive fan since 1981. COYS

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »