Home

FIFA 15: Post your favorite "Instructions"

This is a discussion on FIFA 15: Post your favorite "Instructions" within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2014, 04:05 PM   #9
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: FIFA 15: Post your favorite "Instructions"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutton
I set Capoue to STAY BACK and Dembele to GO FORWARD. Not sure how much either of those impact the game yet.
I had no luck with the stay back instruction for CDMs, they still push up and get caught out or bypassed completely. Most of that was in the demo, but in the intro match I tried to get Gerrard to sit and he was popping up around the box.
Old 09-25-2014, 04:12 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
I had no luck with the stay back instruction for CDMs, they still push up and get caught out or bypassed completely. Most of that was in the demo, but in the intro match I tried to get Gerrard to sit and he was popping up around the box.
Same, I pass the ball to the top of the box thinking it's Rooney and it turns out to be Blind and I'm like wtf are you doing here you clown! I thought maybe it was just that Blind is stupid in the game. For some reason that's the only instruction I've noticed doesn't work.

I think sometimes when I trigger a run it might think it's him I want to go on the run?
Old 09-25-2014, 04:57 PM   #11
Banned

Hutton's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb

Yep, exactly what I see too. Capoue, who's utterly useless in the final third, was popping up all over the place even with the STAY BACK instruction.

I just want him to sit & shield the back 4, win the ball, and quickly move the ball on. He should do nothing more than breakup play and get on with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2014, 04:59 PM   #12
Banned

Hutton's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradingwolves
Same, I pass the ball to the top of the box thinking it's Rooney and it turns out to be Blind and I'm like wtf are you doing here you clown! I thought maybe it was just that Blind is stupid in the game. For some reason that's the only instruction I've noticed doesn't work.

I think sometimes when I trigger a run it might think it's him I want to go on the run?

Speaking of Blind, was he not an out & out LWB for LVG in the world cup? He looked exactly like what I'd want in a forceful wing back, but for some reason in FIFA he's kind of a mediocre CDM.

Maybe he plays a different role in club career, but he was far and away the most lethal LB/LWB in the world cup IMO, and should have no business being deployed as a central MF.
Old 09-26-2014, 12:10 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutton
Speaking of Blind, was he not an out & out LWB for LVG in the world cup? He looked exactly like what I'd want in a forceful wing back, but for some reason in FIFA he's kind of a mediocre CDM.

Maybe he plays a different role in club career, but he was far and away the most lethal LB/LWB in the world cup IMO, and should have no business being deployed as a central MF.
Think his original position is a CDM. Won player of the year for Ajax in that role. Was pretty good in his first couple games for United. Plays similar to Carrick, with lesser range of passing, but more mobile and dictates tempo well. Could do with a bit more strength and pace though IMO.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:49 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 12

A great addition to the series, and these tactics do affect CPU game play. Every FIFA previous to this one had a huge issue with CPU CB positioning (CB RCB LCB). When attacking, both CPU CBs would park themselves at midfield and never join in on the attack, even when work rates and positional edits were set to high/attack. Setting them to "join the attack" in the new instructions editor allows them to take turns moving into the User half of the pitch when the CPU is attacking, making for a much more realistic game from a CPU positional perspective. Setting RB LB to "always overlap" pulls them deep into the User half as well, although that issue was never as pronounced as the CB problem.

Old 09-26-2014, 09:02 AM   #15
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Yeah, most of the other instructions seem to work as intended. It's really only the stay back instruction that's ineffective.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2014, 09:08 AM   #16
Rookie

Und Lahm's Arena

OVR: 1

Bayern Munch, 5-2-3.

Ribery (LM): Come back, cut inside, come short
Lewandowski: (CF): Press back line, target man
Robben (RM): Stay up, cut inside, get in behind

Pig (LDM): Get into box for cross, free roam
Lahm (RDM): Get forward, free roam