Home

Can someone explain how playera progress in depth?

This is a discussion on Can someone explain how playera progress in depth? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2014, 04:14 PM   #1
Rookie

JO122194's Arena

OVR: 0
Can someone explain how playera progress in depth?

How does growth work in this game? I understand the potential but how do they grow to that? I am 25% through my first season w/ the NY Red Bulls. I sold my GK and bought Lee Chang Keun, a 59ovr and made him my starter. Since, he has been killing it and it +2 to 61. I have 2 kids in my youth academy, 15yo and 16yo. Their potential says 83ovr, and one is a GK, 82ovr. Do I do anything or they just progress automatically by being in my YA?. Also the GK that is 15 is 5'5", will he get taller as seasons go on? Thank you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2014, 04:58 PM   #2
Rookie

JO122194's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Can someone explain how playera progress in depth?

I also put the 16 yo on the national roster of the country I manage, will that help his growth?
Old 09-25-2014, 10:34 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Can someone explain how playera progress in depth?

So the way I think it works is Potential is obviously the maximum overall a player can reach. Players in your youth academy overall will slowly progress to their potential, but they can only be in their up to the age of 18.

If you promote a player to your squad to increase there overall they need to play to improve. Just like your keeper Lee Chang Keun has. I assume the better they play the more quickly they improve. I don't know if they still improve just sitting on the bench for years.

To help them to improve I just read some stuff that recommends loaning them out to lower rated teams so they get to play and improve. However they probably wouldn't improve as quickly as they would playing for your team full time.

I don't know about height increases and age, I would hope they would keep on growing till the age of 18.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »