Home

Tactics?

This is a discussion on Tactics? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2014, 12:16 PM   #73
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Tactics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by papernut
What sliders or other settings are you using to get those results? The puzzle to getting the tactics to work has to be in the sliders somewhere....
I'm on PC so I use Fidel's latest ini alongside my slider tweaks which are on the sliders sections here. My tweaks are minimal because messing with lines will fix some gameplay elements and break some others. Most problems come from the cpu inability to cover the lanes and be aware of human player runs with or without the ball. Same applies with the cpu teammate AI in defense. All these are fixed 99% with the ini strings.

That's right Hutton. It's easy for EA to fix all the problems I've mentioned above as the executable has all the strings encrypted. The same applies for the console versions because architecture is nearly the same.
As I said the biggest problem in vanilla game is that cpu D confuses cover/zonal with marking and vice versa. As D awareness is increased in the ini the problem is less visible especially in Legendary difficulty.

Last edited by fearwhatnow; 10-09-2014 at 12:22 PM.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:17 AM   #74
Rookie

Und Lahm's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Krebstar, what do you have run frequency set at when testing? I maintain lowering that slider is the best way to slow the pace of play and curb the forward at all costs mentality.
Matt10 was testing that last night as well, though.

The run frequency even at 0 didn't make much of a difference.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:48 AM   #75
Banned

Hutton's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Und Lahm
Matt10 was testing that last night as well, though.

The run frequency even at 0 didn't make much of a difference.
I moved my CPU Run Freq=30, it has slowed down the game quite a bit IMO, less frenetic attaching from the CPU.....but I'm not sure that has anything to do with the Buildup speed setting.

Honestly, the best way to slow down the CPU is to play good positional defense (difficult with the putrid AI defending), but it seems improved a bit on legacy defending.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2014, 10:21 AM   #76
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutton
I moved my CPU Run Freq=30, it has slowed down the game quite a bit IMO, less frenetic attaching from the CPU.....but I'm not sure that has anything to do with the Buildup speed setting.

Honestly, the best way to slow down the CPU is to play good positional defense (difficult with the putrid AI defending), but it seems improved a bit on legacy defending.
I noticed this last night. While it's always been the case in FIFA, it's even more true this year. If you find yourself going past an AI attacker trying to make a tackle, you're going to have a bad time. You have to keep them right in front of you.

I will say that while the tactics are not helping to the degree I want them to, it's not awful. Playing against Arsenal, they'll go slower than if you're playing against West Ham. They'll still try and hit you on the counter, though, which is nice to see.

I think I'll finally create a tactics thread this weekend with where I am on the spreadsheet so far. Yaaaaay!

Last edited by Krebstar; 10-10-2014 at 11:52 AM.
Old 10-10-2014, 11:28 AM   #77
Banned

Hutton's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
I noticed this last night. While it's always been the case in FIFA, it's even more true this year. If you find yourself going past an AI attacker trying to make a tackle, you're going to have a bad time. You have to keep them right in front of you.
Yes, it seems that the logic is first and foremost to take any space available, with a preference towards dribbling, i.e. if a CPU player beats your tackle attempt they will take advantage of any/all space available in a "positive/attacking" direction.

Quote:
I will say that while the tactics are not helping to the degree I want them to, it's not awful. Playing against Arsenal, they'll go slower than if you're playing against West Ham. They'll still try and hit you on the counter, though, which is nice to see.
I agree, it's not "awful", but it could certainly be much better.
Old 10-14-2014, 04:03 PM   #78
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar

I think I'll finally create a tactics thread this weekend with where I am on the spreadsheet so far. Yaaaaay!
How we looking?
Old 10-15-2014, 04:13 PM   #79
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGiani
How we looking?
Not the greatest. I haven't had a chance to play for a few days, and before that, I pretty much just decided that they're just not worth it this year.

If you set a team at low crossing, they'll still find their way to the wing and try and cross. Set them to low speed, they'll still try and find their way into the box as quickly as possible.

It's frustrating, as the reason I first started creating custom tactics was to get teams to slow down. I wanted AI teams to have more possession than users. I wanted them to pass it back, and sometimes even play too slow. And it was possible. Except this year, it's just not that possible as of now.

If you play good defense, and are patient, they'll slow down a bit. And it is nice that teams will hit you from a variety of angles, and try different things. I do like that, but I don't like that we can't really control teams and make them play to one extreme or the other if we desire to.

I haven't give up, as testing in Play Now, it wasn't too bad. But then I jumped into career mode, seemingly just forgetting about doing custom tactics, and the AI played so damn fast. I swear it was faster than in Play Now. So, maybe tactics could help in career mode?

Bottom line, they're just not doing a lot this year, so I'm not sure if it's worth putting them in for teams. However, this weekend I will finally post what I have of the spreadsheet so far, so people can keep messing around with them.
Old 10-15-2014, 06:08 PM   #80
Rookie

HawaiianRush's Arena

OVR: 3

Kreb, this makes me sad man, your tactics have been a staple around here. For FIFA to throw tactics out the window really lessens the value of this game. I hope they do something about it, but let's be honest, it is EA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »