Home

Player progression

This is a discussion on Player progression within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2014, 12:10 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Player progression

Question, let's say I have a tall defensive midfielder who has decent defensive stats and I wanted to use him as a centerback. Does player progression take into account what position a player plays (not necessarily his actual position) when progressing his attributes? Will my midfielder turned centreback have more of an increase in defensive attributes?

I'm playing a career with Luton Town and my budget is obviously a bit tight, so I am trying to make the best of what I've got.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2014, 02:15 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Player progression

I don't believe so, he will grow in CDM stats even if you play him as CB. I could be wrong but I think that is how it works.

That said, CDMs defensive stats grow like CB's for the most part (at least as far as tackling and interceptions, maybe a bit less in strength/jumping though)
Old 10-06-2014, 01:40 PM   #3
Rookie

In the previous Fifa games when looking at a players stats and info some players would have 1-4 options as far as positions. This year they only have 1. Is there a way to find out what other positions some guys can play? For instance, can someone who plays RW play right mid? Can a striker play RW?
Old 10-06-2014, 02:22 PM   #4
XB1 GT: Cubone Jones

Cubone_Jones's Arena

OVR: 6

I highly doubt this is in the game, but kudos for the idea. Let's demand a revamped and more dynamic progressions system for next years game. One can only hope, right?
Old 10-06-2014, 05:11 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachpipe
In the previous Fifa games when looking at a players stats and info some players would have 1-4 options as far as positions. This year they only have 1. Is there a way to find out what other positions some guys can play? For instance, can someone who plays RW play right mid? Can a striker play RW?
They are still listed on the same screens as their attributes, traits, etc. I have noticed that a lot of players don't have them (not as many as past years) but some still do (Iniesta is a CM/LW, Pedro RW/LW for example).
Ultimately I don't think it really matters much, just look at their attributes and see if you think they would do OK there. You should be able to play an RW at RM without any problem. Depending on the striker, they could also play on the wing as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2014, 05:26 PM   #6
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

One thing I wish FIFA would take from PES' s BAL is the ability to learn a new position. I hate being typecast in the same position.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:51 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
One thing I wish FIFA would take from PES' s BAL is the ability to learn a new position. I hate being typecast in the same position.
Ahhh yes! PES have it down with that regard, but then again, I just play players out of position and get used to how they play there haha.

This, and I wish FIFA would implement something where you can choose in which way the players develop if you wish to. For me, this would be awesome, and improve the game. As long as there were limits on specific stats, so you couldnt just make speed 99 for everyone, and finishing 99, then it would be a good thing I believe.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:33 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LennonLegend
Ahhh yes! PES have it down with that regard, but then again, I just play players out of position and get used to how they play there haha.

This, and I wish FIFA would implement something where you can choose in which way the players develop if you wish to. For me, this would be awesome, and improve the game. As long as there were limits on specific stats, so you couldnt just make speed 99 for everyone, and finishing 99, then it would be a good thing I believe.
Fifa 06 or 07 (i think anyways...one of the ones with ronaldhino on the cover). You earned xp for playing well and could tailor plays as you saw fit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »