Home

FIFA 15's Tactics Are a Disappointing Mystery

This is a discussion on FIFA 15's Tactics Are a Disappointing Mystery within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2014, 07:47 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 15's Tactics Are a Disappointing Mystery

Has anyone tried playing a few games with CPU pass error close to default. I would not call it long ball, but I do see more variety and if you play good positional D with marking at 44 and adjust the lines it is not an "every team is Barca" nightmare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2014, 08:01 PM   #26
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

I was a little frustrated earlier with some things so I may have been overly harsh, as I certainly don't want to be confused with one of those types who frequent the EA site if you know what I mean lol.
Overall taking the entire package into consideration, FIFA 15 is a really good game. The physics, player movement, ball physics, plus all of the bells and whistles are top notch and really well done. It's this fact that makes what the game doesn't do well, tactical diversity, seem magnified. IMO there is a bug in the code related to the introduction of the new tactics that is causing the CTT not to work as intended. Now maybe that's me being hopeful, but there's simply no reason to remove something so important as the CTT's for no good reason.
Time will tell if there actually is an issue or not, let's just hope that there is.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:21 PM   #27
mfp
Rookie

OVR: 2
I agree with everything you said except in regards to defending. Yes, it's improved in some areas, but it's still pretty poor, and VERY inadequate relative the attacking prowess on offer.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:24 PM   #28
Rookie

markus48's Arena

With very minimal sliders changed so far, I have noticed an improvement in how the CPU teams play, but more based on how much time is left rather than what team they are. I was up 1-0 on world class against Borussia Monchengladladbach and they were sending long ball after long ball compared to the first 80 minutes where they were just doing tika-taka.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:34 PM   #29
Rookie

not trolling at all but, thats why you need PES. once you get past playing FUT which i hate fifa is pretty dull
Old 10-07-2014, 09:34 AM   #30
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
I would love to see more variety from the CPU, but it's far from a deal breaker for me. I still have lots of fun playing the game, and when you get the chance to play against a friend, I find it to be a truly great experience. I'm quite sure I'll still be picking up PES in November, but FIFA does enough things right that I'll keep playing it as well.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:56 AM   #31
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCloser
Honestly, i cannot believe it took a lot of you this long to realize this. This isn't just a fifa problem, it's an EA sports problem. The teams just don't play like themselves. Their games are bereft of individuality. No individuality through animations, ai behavior, player accessories, etc. They all play the same and the AI plays the same. This is true in NHL, FIFA and NBA. I found it astonishing when i was playing fifa and i saw Messi do a rainbow. At that point, i just turned off the game. Its been a problem for the fifa series since it's inception and i haven't seen a willingness to address the issue. Every year, they focus on superficial issues while ignoring the core issues. Reviewers continue to give the game an undeserving score and they continue to deceive themselves thinking that they made a 'good' game.

AMEN.....

i made myself a promise in 2009 that until the AI can walk with the ball at their feet i would never buy another fifa, and i haven't.

finally people are starting to realize that the game offline plays nothing like the leagues we love.

guys like Matt10 have been trying for years to fix this and the addition of custom tactics gave some hope, but wasn't strong enough, then came sliders but they aren't specific enough, now another addition that does not work, i'm not surprised,

i am sick of renting this game, i love football and want to buy both games but i am starting to miss old old gen fifa 08(ps2) or fifa world gup germany where the ai played decent...even if it was through ball heaven...

but the lack of individuality does not surprise me, look at the ratings, every player has the same abilities, also the biggest promoters of fifa are online players who love the skill moves so offline purists are in trouble.

#18 greatest EVA....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 09:26 AM   #32
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
AMEN.....

i made myself a promise in 2009 that until the AI can walk with the ball at their feet i would never buy another fifa, and i haven't.

finally people are starting to realize that the game offline plays nothing like the leagues we love.

guys like Matt10 have been trying for years to fix this and the addition of custom tactics gave some hope, but wasn't strong enough, then came sliders but they aren't specific enough, now another addition that does not work, i'm not surprised,

i am sick of renting this game, i love football and want to buy both games but i am starting to miss old old gen fifa 08(ps2) or fifa world gup germany where the ai played decent...even if it was through ball heaven...

but the lack of individuality does not surprise me, look at the ratings, every player has the same abilities, also the biggest promoters of fifa are online players who love the skill moves so offline purists are in trouble.
Man...where have you been hiding at carnal?????

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »