Home

Effects of tired player

This is a discussion on Effects of tired player within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2014, 11:32 AM   #1
Rookie

buziii's Arena

OVR: 0
Effects of tired player

It makes sense that a player's performance suffers as they get tired. But, is it noticeable in the game? How would we see it? Are they also more likely to be injured?

Also, does a player's happiness affect his performance in the game? How do we know?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2014, 12:19 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Effects of tired player

I'm about 30 games into my first season with Arsenal and over last few games guy's have been dropping left and right and I feel fatigue is playing a big factor in it.

I lost Ozil, Sanchez, and Welbeck all within 3 games.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:21 PM   #3
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by buziii
It makes sense that a player's performance suffers as they get tired. But, is it noticeable in the game? How would we see it? Are they also more likely to be injured?

Also, does a player's happiness affect his performance in the game? How do we know?
You can see it by the stamina bar and it is definitely noticeable. It depends on how often you sprint. If you are sprinting like a mad man with all your players you will see come the 2nd half you went from having a full blue bar to half or less. By the near end of the game you will have a quarter or less. When your players get tired you will see them start putting their hands on their knees between play.

It effects the game because you can no longer sprint for as long and you are generally slower overall I feel like. So if you only have a quarter of your stamina you are not running the length of the field. If you try anyway and hold sprint when you bar is empty THATS when you get injured. So if you wanted you could intentionally injure someone by sprinting with them while their bar is empty until they pull a muscle.

So there's definitely a big impact on gameplay and theres a big advantage to saving your stamina and playing smart positioning. I see many times online people's players pulling up lame around 75th minute. Theres still a lot of football left after that. So that REALLY hampers you if you can't sprint when you finally need to. And it's also a huge advantage if you have juice left to blow by those tired defenders. Everytime a defender pressures you or runs with one of your teammates they have to sprint. So if they run out before you, you're gone.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:22 PM   #4
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGiani
I'm about 30 games into my first season with Arsenal and over last few games guy's have been dropping left and right and I feel fatigue is playing a big factor in it.

I lost Ozil, Sanchez, and Welbeck all within 3 games.
See, this guy has been a victim of it. You can't let them play with less than a qtr of stamina.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:43 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
See, this guy has been a victim of it. You can't let them play with less than a qtr of stamina.
I don't play any players if they have any stamina loss at the start of a new game. Even the most minute loss, they are benched.
When your stamina levels get low, players get injured - which is quite frustrating. haha.

Rotating the squad the way I do, it also keeps everyone happy, all the time. Every so often one of your more KEY players, come to you and say that they need to play more, so then you play them for a couple of games straight (providing that they are fit enough) and then they come to you again and thank you for playing them! Its a win win.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2014, 01:12 PM   #6
Rookie

One thing I've noticed in career mode is if the player is in the light green for stamina but not 100% all the way, most often when the 2nd half starts they will have the full dark green bar for their stamina.

So sometimes it may be a good idea to rest a player at the start, but bring him off the bench if you need him.
Old 10-12-2014, 06:02 AM   #7
Just started!

i guess : players was tired of getting hit while running with the football after 45 minute
Old 10-12-2014, 07:03 AM   #8
h4j
Rookie

Injuries deffo happen more often if your players stamina is low. That is why you always should mix up the teams if the game are right after each other..

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »