Home

Academy Players Out of Position!!!

This is a discussion on Academy Players Out of Position!!! within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2014, 09:14 AM   #9
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Academy Players Out of Position!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyBunch88
Ah man, in FIFA 14 I basically found English Gareth Bale. Nearly identical in height, weight. And his position, his stats. He was Man Utd's version of Gareth Bale.

He started out as a left back and I played him there for a while. But then one game, he just ran down the wing, like Giggsy or something and crossed the ball in and my striker scored the goal. After that, I checked his stats and it was crazy!

Everything green, except marking, sliding tackle, standing tackle. He was like the worst left back in history but everywhere else he was incredible. Check it -

http://imgur.com/cigNi1j

I called him up to the England squad and he would just dominate up front. Best player I've ever found.
Damn, that guy is a monster. EA must knock his value since he's listed as a LB. I don't know how tall or how much he weights but outside of GK, he could literally play anywhere and dominate.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:54 AM   #10
Rookie

buziii's Arena

OVR: 0

And on top of that...he's Very Happy!
Old 10-14-2014, 08:01 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Ah man, in FIFA 14 I basically found English Gareth Bale. Nearly identical in height, weight. And his position, his stats. He was Man Utd's version of Gareth Bale.

He started out as a left back and I played him there for a while. But then one game, he just ran down the wing, like Giggsy or something and crossed the ball in and my striker scored the goal. After that, I checked his stats and it was crazy!

Everything green, except marking, sliding tackle, standing tackle. He was like the worst left back in history but everywhere else he was incredible. Check it -

I called him up to the England squad and he would just dominate up front. Best player I've ever found.
To counter this happening, I sell players when they begin to get too good. This way it keeps the league difficult, and manager mode interesting.
I have no interest in having players like this and just dominating every game.
I like to keep my best players at around 80-81. Anyone who begins to get higher than this, I sell and scout new young players.

But thats just me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2014, 10:29 PM   #12
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

This exact thing happened to me as well, except the player was an RB. He was effing incredible. His obvious position was winger or centre forward, but he came out as a right back. Made no sense. I never once played him there.

I say just ignore it. Playing these dudes out of position doesn't affect their ability to perform.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:16 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

I would love to have that guy as my left back. I like to play the Orlando City version of a 4-2-3-1 with a narrow midfield. Dominate the middle, the two CDMs help slow down the opponents. Then you have two outside backs with crazy speed and crossing ability to create havoc on the wing. Set them both to attack and you have two CBs and two CDMs to defend any quick counter attacks while your LB or RB gets back on D.

Keep playing him at LB and his defensive attributes will quickly catch up and you'll have a beast outside backer.
Old 10-15-2014, 08:33 AM   #14
MVP

drunkenferret's Arena

OVR: 2

Yeah, I think this points to the fact that overalls and position are overrated, to the extent that we should be looking at the players individual stats to determine how good he is. Damn that guy was impressive though.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:52 AM   #15
Banned

Does playing a player out of his listed position affect his progression? Does it slow it down?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2014, 12:28 PM   #16
BOOM!

gerg1234's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenferret
Yeah, I think this points to the fact that overalls and position are overrated, to the extent that we should be looking at the players individual stats to determine how good he is. Damn that guy was impressive though.
The thing that sucks about being unable to change his position is that his value is going to be MUCH lower as a 67 LB as opposed to a stud 82 ST.
San Francisco Giants
Chicago Blackhawks
MLS: Portland Timbers
EPL: Liverpool FC

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »