Home

FIFA Noob. HEEEELP!

This is a discussion on FIFA Noob. HEEEELP! within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2014, 11:23 AM   #9
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: FIFA Noob. HEEEELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
You're a lucky guy sir. The more you know about the game the worse it is. Like me playing Madden. I know the rules, I use some sliders and have fun because I don't have the experience to spot the flaws and other problems.
This is so well put. I am in the exact same boat!
Old 10-14-2014, 02:14 PM   #10
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: FIFA Noob. HEEEELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
This is so well put. I am in the exact same boat!
That's how I got here from Madden. I've been playing Madden so long that and know its flaws so well that the game stopped being fun. What I'm finding out now is that I miss the camaraderie that I had with my league mates....within the confines of our XBL parties and forums we discussed the league just as if it was the real NFL. Sometimes, we all just need a little perspective to appreciate things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 10-15-2014, 08:12 AM   #11
Rookie

HawaiianRush's Arena

OVR: 3

I try to be as real as possible, but I use GTN much much more then everyone else. I never search for players with the menu, I only scout and sign players that my GTN Scouts have found. sofifa.com is a great resource, though I haven't touched it since FIFA 08.

I try to have at least 3 scouts, 2 scouting leagues in the area, then one to stay at the club to get the final scouting report on anyone I would want to sign.

Here are some rules that user ZO used for FIFA 14
Quote:
Also thanks to user ZO on here, I’ll be using his list of house rules that he used for FIFA 14.

1. Never allowed to buy more than 3 players a season.
2. Players over 30 get sold, if they don't sell I try to loan.
3. Any player with high demand from big teams that offer big money get sold. No exceptions, everyone is for sale for the right price.
4. Only allowed to bring up 4 youth players a year. 5 if one is a GK. Only allowed to keep 2 on the roster for next season. Cut or sell. If loaned they get another year to prove themselves on the team.
5. No starting 11 player can play in a cup game before the quarter finals, unless if necessary due to small roster or injury. And then they are subs, not starters.
6. If on a 5 game winning streak. Next game must be simulated.
7. If a player gets a red card, they will miss three games. I add two games myself to the suspension. If a player gets a suspension due to yellow build up, they miss 3 games also.
8. Captain is always a defender or mid. Never a GK or ST. Its rotated based on performance every five games.
9. Any player that creates a buzz about themselves in the media about being unhappy or missing home, regardless of the usual turn around that they will stay, gets traded. I don't have time for your look at me nonsense. This is a team.
Some of ZO's I use, but some I don't, like #4 I use, but I loan my players out, and #8 if I think my keeper has shown worth, I will make him the captain, Same with strikers.

Good luck sir, Footy is a game of patients and a roller coasters of highs and lows, be ready brethren.

Last edited by HawaiianRush; 10-15-2014 at 08:15 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2014, 08:40 AM   #12
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

Thanks everyone for the helpful suggestions. I haven't won a game yet but I'm getting there. The 1st few were, on average, 4-0 or worse. I've got them down now to 2-1/3-2 type games. Expecting Karlsruhe to get their 1st W this weekend.

Quote:
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 10-15-2014, 09:32 AM   #13
Rookie

buziii's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
Thanks everyone for the helpful suggestions. I haven't won a game yet but I'm getting there. The 1st few were, on average, 4-0 or worse. I've got them down now to 2-1/3-2 type games. Expecting Karlsruhe to get their 1st W this weekend.
Don't be too proud to try the sliders! I'm not very good either, and I'll never be, but I really enjoy playing this game right now. I play at Pro level, but when I moved up to Pro, I was no match for the AI defense. It was too frustrating even trying to move the ball to the other end. I've found moving the AI speed, acceleration, and marking slider down to about 45 make it much more competitive and enjoyable for me. I'll adjust that when and if I get too good!

I'm sure many in here consider that cheating, but it's all about keeping it fun for me.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:03 AM   #14
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by buziii
Don't be too proud to try the sliders! I'm not very good either, and I'll never be, but I really enjoy playing this game right now. I play at Pro level, but when I moved up to Pro, I was no match for the AI defense. It was too frustrating even trying to move the ball to the other end. I've found moving the AI speed, acceleration, and marking slider down to about 45 make it much more competitive and enjoyable for me. I'll adjust that when and if I get too good!

I'm sure many in here consider that cheating, but it's all about keeping it fun for me.

I am using a slider set from the LastGen forums. I think there's a little too much scoring and my defenders don't seem to attack the guy with the ball (ballcarrier?) very aggressively but I'll get to that stuff later when I understand more about the game. Right now, I'm just trying to get a grip on the passing and how to set things up.

Most of my goals right either come from rebounds (off the GK, post, or a defender) or because I sprinted down 1 sideline and crossed into the middle and got lucky. My dribbling skills are very weak and so is my field vision. I have a few assists on for now but hope to go all manual eventually.

Quote:
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »