Home

Playing Against An Any In Pro Clubs

This is a discussion on Playing Against An Any In Pro Clubs within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2014, 01:28 PM   #9
Rookie

Onlyfutbol86's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Playing Against An Any In Pro Clubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDrop
It's not even called "Online Be A Pro", it's called Pro Clubs. And yeah, you can totally abuse a generic CB, he's lighting fast with his 65(!) pace. The only reason I prefer any is because 1) You dont have to rely on CPU and 2) you totally control how your team plays, so basically it is skill dependent. No idea how you can hate on something that is user skill dependent.
Ive been with the same pro club for years now and there is most certainly an advantage with an any. We dont complain as we just search to play games without a team using an any. Like you stated you control how the whole team plays...I believe if your a single person, online, you should only control yourself if playing with multiple peers.

Also though, playing with an any does take skill on having to know where your human controlled players are but usually is a quick adjustment so you dont end up believing your passing to a teammate but its an any and you stand there like a nut.

I choose cdm or lb/rb most the time as our club used to have so many people that everyone whined about playing upfront or in the attacking half..I dont need to glamour, i like keeping gols out of our net. Then again, 1 mistake and your to blame, offensively you make one mistake and you turn it over in their defensive half or miss a gol...To me, much more reward playing back
Old 10-28-2014, 01:45 PM   #10
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDrop
It's not even called "Online Be A Pro", it's called Pro Clubs. And yeah, you can totally abuse a generic CB, he's lighting fast with his 65(!) pace. The only reason I prefer any is because 1) You dont have to rely on CPU and 2) you totally control how your team plays, so basically it is skill dependent. No idea how you can hate on something that is user skill dependent.
still "PRO" club, not Any Club. inherent that it means virtual pro as the first thing you do is create your virtual pro...

it isn't about abusing a default CPU 75ovr CB's pace, it is about that most teams that run an "Any" also run high pressure, ultra attacking because they will always have 1 player that can constantly switch defenders to eliminate most fear of being countered. you can have all 2/3/4 attackers going full throttle towards the goal and the second a break starts out the other way, you have a user switching between defenders to eliminate the threat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlyfutbol86
Ive been with the same pro club for years now and there is most certainly an advantage with an any. We dont complain as we just search to play games without a team using an any. Like you stated you control how the whole team plays...I believe if your a single person, online, you should only control yourself if playing with multiple peers.

Also though, playing with an any does take skill on having to know where your human controlled players are but usually is a quick adjustment so you dont end up believing your passing to a teammate but its an any and you stand there like a nut.

I choose cdm or lb/rb most the time as our club used to have so many people that everyone whined about playing upfront or in the attacking half..I dont need to glamour, i like keeping gols out of our net. Then again, 1 mistake and your to blame, offensively you make one mistake and you turn it over in their defensive half or miss a gol...To me, much more reward playing back
hah, in FIFA 14 I was a CM that when we had our 4 or 5 members all playing I was always the CDM because I had the best defensive skills. which also meant I caught the most flak because if I made a mistake it usually resulted in a break on goal where-as my teammates could have 15 turnovers and maybe 1 or 2 might end with a shot on goal. once FIFA 15 launched I told them that I'm not going to be the only player that drops back, that they'd have to rotate through the CDM role as well to have a bit of the pain of bringing the ball out safely.
Old 10-28-2014, 02:22 PM   #11
Rookie

Onlyfutbol86's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtrucker

hah, in FIFA 14 I was a CM that when we had our 4 or 5 members all playing I was always the CDM because I had the best defensive skills. which also meant I caught the most flak because if I made a mistake it usually resulted in a break on goal where-as my teammates could have 15 turnovers and maybe 1 or 2 might end with a shot on goal. once FIFA 15 launched I told them that I'm not going to be the only player that drops back, that they'd have to rotate through the CDM role as well to have a bit of the pain of bringing the ball out safely.
Ya I stay there because I like to act like the toni Kroos or Xabi alonso type player....Hold the ball at midfield, work it around so that the wingnuts upfront dont call for it every second and have the cpu make an errant pass. I also like that when in need, I wouldve played smart enough for the first 70 min that if we are holding a lead or a gol down, i can burst up for a header or shot or stay back and harass the opposition. I love CDM/CM, lb rb gives me a bit more leniency to play forward on the wings to make overlapping runs but nobody i play with is up to date on how the sport should be played.

I also like to be cdm/cm at 6'1 187? i think...Great power, decent speed. My passing is always over 75% but some games I cant help but try a over the top or through ball to break a gol. Plus at that height, you can be deadly from a corner
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2014, 01:44 PM   #12
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Not a any fan either personally

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »