Home

Transfer Network | Tips

This is a discussion on Transfer Network | Tips within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2014, 10:15 AM   #1
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12
Transfer Network | Tips

So I've learned quite a bit in regard to the youth academy and scouting and what not, but now I find that I am a bit lost when it comes to how to approach my first upcoming Transfer Window in January.

I'm looking for tips/suggestions on how to have a successful window--and have a few questions...

1) Is it best for current players' morale not to 'inquire' about a player until the window, or should I inquire now (September) so as to check their 'availability'?

2) How do the contracts work? If I buy someone who has 3 years left on contract--do I just pay them what they're owed per their current contract, or do I renegotiate?

3) If a player is already listed on loan with someone else, I assume there is no way that I will be able to get them?

I've been directed to many great sites on the net in regard to specific areas that have been of great help. If there is one concerning the GTN, please fire away.

Thanks all!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2014, 10:36 AM   #2
Rookie

olliekse's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Transfer Network | Tips

Inquiring wont do any harm, so you know what sort of figure they want.

"How do the contracts work? If I buy someone who has 3 years left on contract--do I just pay them what they're owed per their current contract, or do I renegotiate?"

You inherit the contract but have to renegotiate the wage and bonuses and length (thanks to greedy agents, it never used to be that way). When you buy a player - you are buying his contract. The other things such as potential and caps are used by agents as a bargaining tool.

"If a player is already listed on loan with someone else, I assume there is no way that I will be able to get them?"

In the game - No. In real life - yes.

My general advice would be only buy 1 or 2 in January. Loans are preferable. The Bosman ruling is something that is very important to take advantage of in January. So search for players that have 6 months remaining on their contract. In reality - January is used to ship out big earners and to bolster squads that are victims of injuries.

Last edited by olliekse; 11-21-2014 at 10:38 AM.
Old 11-21-2014, 10:47 AM   #3
Rookie

Onlyfutbol86's Arena

Ive also come to find out, which is kinda obvious but you dont think about it right then...If you buy a player and know he is going to be a regular, give him the role he wants...If your unsure on how you are going to use him, whether you will rotate him or he might see the pitch in a dire need situation...leave the role unknown. Ive had problems where a player says they arent getting the playing time they were told. I had leita on a squad rotation player and was playing him every 3rd game, maybe 4th or 5th and he came back annoyed at his playing time.

Most likely if you leave the role blank and can afford to pay him a couple thousand more per week, he will take it from what ive seen

Nothing else!
Old 11-21-2014, 12:03 PM   #4
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliekse
Inquiring wont do any harm, so you know what sort of figure they want.

"How do the contracts work? If I buy someone who has 3 years left on contract--do I just pay them what they're owed per their current contract, or do I renegotiate?"

You inherit the contract but have to renegotiate the wage and bonuses and length (thanks to greedy agents, it never used to be that way). When you buy a player - you are buying his contract. The other things such as potential and caps are used by agents as a bargaining tool.

"If a player is already listed on loan with someone else, I assume there is no way that I will be able to get them?"

In the game - No. In real life - yes.

My general advice would be only buy 1 or 2 in January. Loans are preferable. The Bosman ruling is something that is very important to take advantage of in January. So search for players that have 6 months remaining on their contract. In reality - January is used to ship out big earners and to bolster squads that are victims of injuries.
Ok, so my team is Arsenal--and they are extremely shallow at CB, so I'd like to go after 1 or 2 in January, and perhaps maybe a CAM to backup Ozil with a H/M workrate (REALLY like Dries Martens attributes--but have yet to use him in game).

What is considered "typical" (if you will) as far as how many to sign/sell over the summer? I know every team will be different--but I have no clue how many moves I should be looking to make re: keeping up with the status quo.

Thanks for the tips guys, keep it coming!
Old 11-21-2014, 12:17 PM   #5
Rookie

Onlyfutbol86's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
Ok, so my team is Arsenal--and they are extremely shallow at CB, so I'd like to go after 1 or 2 in January, and perhaps maybe a CAM to backup Ozil with a H/M workrate (REALLY like Dries Martens attributes--but have yet to use him in game).

What is considered "typical" (if you will) as far as how many to sign/sell over the summer? I know every team will be different--but I have no clue how many moves I should be looking to make re: keeping up with the status quo.

In the manager thread, ive stated having problems with the commentary criticizing me for the moves ive made and them saying the players havent agreed either which in my mind would suggest Im possibly playing with a team out of rhythm.

Ive made anywhere from picking up 3 guys in a window to selling 3 guys, seems like if you make more than 1 or 2 moves, the team gets weary on the changes. Tho, i brought in isco for a retiring gerrard, welbeck for a lazy balotelli, marquinhos for skrtel and johnson had to go with can which im regretting cause clyne and yedlin arent filling his boots.

Nothing else!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2014, 12:35 PM   #6
Rookie

olliekse's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2

In January you will have an idea of who you want out of the door. You start by looking at the Bosman's and deciding who you want to renew and who you want to let go for free. This decision will be decided by wages. Usually you only let a players contract tick down to 6 months if you know there is interest and you want to test the waters. If its a player you like, you never let their contract go below 1yr. Sometimes extending contracts is used as a warning to other clubs that the player isn't available.

Once you know who is out the door - this typically will equate to around 6 or so Bosman's. At the end of the season in June, the players will leave and from July 1st, their wages will be gone, and you will have some free space on the bill. From this point onwards, you sign players to fill the gaps, but you start with the key position first. Teams usually sign a GK/CB/CM or ST.

So out of a squad of 21 (minimum), you have 15 lets say. Most clubs have 25+ players so they are never paper thin, but like Blackpool did this summer, sometimes you let too many players go because of debt and you don't have enough players to fill the bench pre season LOL!

So i will say at worst, 10 players will leave, some Bosman's some transfers. If your team is an ongoing building project and most of the squad is part of the future, you might only release 5.

Never ever let your team dip below 18 players - 21 is minimum and if too many are sold it WILL come back to bite you in the a$$. Operate a 1 in 1 out policy if you dont have a plan, making sure you have 2LB's, 2RB's, 4/5 CB's etc.... A healthy squad # is 25 including a few academy graduates.

Ill also add that they have played with the idea of scrapping the Winter window, in conjunction with managerial restrictions (only allowed to manage 1 club per season). This would stop the stupid farming of talent at the detriment on the England National Squad (See Scott Sinclair).

Last edited by olliekse; 11-21-2014 at 12:47 PM.
Old 11-21-2014, 12:49 PM   #7
Rookie

olliekse's Arena

BTW - check this out for some real life examples:

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/n...ndow-2014.html

(make note that the newly promoted teams usually sign more than they sell thanks to the promotion £)
Old 11-21-2014, 01:05 PM   #8
Rookie

Onlyfutbol86's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliekse
In January you will have an idea of who you want out of the door. You start by looking at the Bosman's and deciding who you want to renew and who you want to let go for free. This decision will be decided by wages. Usually you only let a players contract tick down to 6 months if you know there is interest and you want to test the waters. If its a player you like, you never let their contract go below 1yr. Sometimes extending contracts is used as a warning to other clubs that the player isn't available.

Once you know who is out the door - this typically will equate to around 6 or so Bosman's. At the end of the season in June, the players will leave and from July 1st, their wages will be gone, and you will have some free space on the bill. From this point onwards, you sign players to fill the gaps, but you start with the key position first. Teams usually sign a GK/CB/CM or ST.

So out of a squad of 21 (minimum), you have 15 lets say. Most clubs have 25+ players so they are never paper thin, but like Blackpool did this summer, sometimes you let too many players go because of debt and you don't have enough players to fill the bench pre season LOL!

So i will say at worst, 10 players will leave, some Bosman's some transfers. If your team is an ongoing building project and most of the squad is part of the future, you might only release 5.

Never ever let your team dip below 18 players - 21 is minimum and if too many are sold it WILL come back to bite you in the a$$. Operate a 1 in 1 out policy if you dont have a plan, making sure you have 2LB's, 2RB's, 4/5 CB's etc.... A healthy squad # is 25 including a few academy graduates.

Ill also add that they have played with the idea of scrapping the Winter window, in conjunction with managerial restrictions (only allowed to manage 1 club per season). This would stop the stupid farming of talent at the detriment on the England National Squad (See Scott Sinclair).
And...remember with those 4 fullbacks and 4-5 cb, make sure you get their role right, better yet try not to give them a role, even if they play poor they will require and ask for playing time and become a morale issue...I have 4 cb and zouma is losing his mind as he doesnt see much time behind varane, lovren and marquinhos. I only have 3 fullbacks as really they should be able to play either side. Its always fun to try to fit them all in, less roles you give middle of the road players, less headache and atleast he cant say you offered him rotation minutes if he is creating a weak point on the team when he plays.

Nothing else!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »