Home

Goalie Not Growing

This is a discussion on Goalie Not Growing within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2014, 02:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Goalie Not Growing

I've had this problem before, and normally I just "trade in" my goalie for another one. Right now I have Carboni, who's overall is supposed to get into the high 70s. He's been stuck at 62 overall since I got him a year ago. He's in good form, I can't get him to start improving. Do I need to try and send him on a short loan and bring him back?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2014, 02:54 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Goalie Not Growing

I should mention I often start with a 16-18 year old goalie and they progress several points per year. I can do this because I always start with a Football League 2 team, so I can start a guy that's only a 60+ overall until the team moves up.
Old 11-23-2014, 03:13 PM   #3
Rookie

olliekse's Arena

OVR: 0

remember that goalies hit their peak at around 33 y/o.
Old 11-23-2014, 04:53 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliekse
remember that goalies hit their peak at around 33 y/o.
True. But I can get young goalies to improve 4-6/year often. But other times they don't move at all. I don't think it's all about which goalie it is, because sometimes they will improve a lot and then they have a couple of bad months and get "stuck". Wondering if they can get "unstuck" in their progression.
Old 11-23-2014, 05:00 PM   #5
Rookie

olliekse's Arena

In the 2 seasons i had in career recently, my goalie only went up by 1 each season. If they get 'stuck' might it be to do with the lack of clean sheets?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2014, 05:58 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataBull
I should mention I often start with a 16-18 year old goalie and they progress several points per year. I can do this because I always start with a Football League 2 team, so I can start a guy that's only a 60+ overall until the team moves up.
According to this years Fifascoutingtips, goalies won't start showing major improvement until 22-23 at the earliest.

I have two goalies I signed at 17 who were both around 74-75 with 90-94 potential. I played one and he didn't improve, and loaned the other, same thing. The one I played was my starting goalie in the EPL, and I finished top table. So I started loaning them both, and I didn't see any improvement until they hit 20. Now at 21 one is 78 and one is 79 (I think one might've just turned 22).

So, in my experience it didn't matter what kinda success they were having. Improvements seemed to come with age, more than playing well.

Last edited by Gatorfan89; 11-23-2014 at 06:00 PM.
Old 11-23-2014, 10:18 PM   #7
Rookie

This is odd, since I've seen goalies gain 10 points or so between the age of 16 and 18, though it does make sense from a reality standpoint.
Old 11-24-2014, 12:31 PM   #8
Rookie

BradyBunch88's Arena

OVR: 2

One thing I want to mention which hasn't already been mentioned is that players potentials change once you buy them.

I didn't realise this until a week or so ago.

I bought Julian Brandt, Levin Öztunali and Marian Sarr. All of them have been in my team for 2-3 seasons and have grown maybe one point each.

That's because, when you buy players their potentials change. So they could've been a "Has potential to be special" but now they have nothing "At the club since 2014" or whatever.

So what you want to do is the January Loan Trick. Ok, it might be cheating but it's getting these players back up to their potentials. Put them on a short loan in January, recall the player(s) after two or three days and their potential should have changed back.

I need to do this next January with the three players mentioned above. Since it was only like last week I heard this!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »