Home

My CPU teammates...

This is a discussion on My CPU teammates... within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2014, 08:52 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
My CPU teammates...

Is there ANYTHING I can do to make my teammates act/react and get into passing lanes like the AI on the other team? The CPU AI actually makes attempts to get into passing lanes to create turnover, or mark their man.

My AI teammates don't react to anything at all. Countless times I've watched them stand around when they could've broken the pass up. My teammates are just sooo dumb, whereas the CPU AI play pretty well.

That's the biggest issue with this game. I just played the PES 2015 demo, and my gosh, my teammates do stuff! And the CPU actually shoots from outside the box!

Anything I can do to make my teammates my suck as much?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2014, 10:52 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: My CPU teammates...

Keen to hear input on this also.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:18 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12

Check out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37nS...m3zLEF&index=5

He has other defending tutorials. His tutorials will really help you. It has helped me tremendously.
Old 12-09-2014, 03:46 PM   #4
Banned

All that video shows is online against real people.

It basically goes over you having to DO EVERYTHING because the AI is too stupid.

Thanks for offering the video, but it isn't what I was looking for. I shouldn't constantly have to mash the change player button to play defense. My teammates shouldn't be oblivious to everything.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:57 PM   #5
Rookie

GingaGeordie's Arena

I don't think there is any fix to this other than what I've done lately. Most people use "Air Balls" as their option for auto switching in controller settings, change it to "Manual" and just use LB/L1 to change players off the ball, works well for rebounds. Also, on Manual auto switching, LB/L1 when attacking will send a player into a passing lane, it's by no means perfect, but it's better than anything I've tried post-patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2014, 10:27 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoBs2007
All that video shows is online against real people.

It basically goes over you having to DO EVERYTHING because the AI is too stupid.

Thanks for offering the video, but it isn't what I was looking for. I shouldn't constantly have to mash the change player button to play defense. My teammates shouldn't be oblivious to everything.
Actually, using his method against the CPU, my teammates play pretty good on defense. Usually I use contain and I cut out the passing lanes. It works pretty good. Now, of course, I do agree that my teammates don't intercept the ball like the CPU does. I think the game would be too easy for the human if that was the case - at least given EA's current engine.
Old 12-12-2014, 10:45 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Two things, increase line height and create a line length discrepancy, for example:

line height: 65/65
line length: 50/45 or 50/48

Test the line length combos and see at which point in time does it look like your AI teammates are in an intercepting position. IRL, the defending players are usually in front of the intended recipients - resulting in the recipients checking to the ball or finding gaps themselves.
Old 12-14-2014, 10:07 AM   #8
Just started!

I carry out agree in which my personal teammates do not intercept the ball like the Central processing unit does. I believe the particular game would be as well simple for that human when in which has been the actual situation - no less than offered EA's current powerplant.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »