Home

Tips For My Career With QPR...

This is a discussion on Tips For My Career With QPR... within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2014, 01:57 PM   #1
Rookie

xSubzer0x's Arena

OVR: 0
Tips For My Career With QPR...

??? I started a career with Queens Parks Rangers as the manger but they have a very low transfer budget which makes it hard to get decent players.

Charlie Austin is nice young Striker and only 24 years old. Vargas is also pretty decent but I need another GK, because Green is 34 years old and sucks imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2014, 02:01 PM   #2
MVP

Keano16's Arena

Re: Tips For My Career With QPR...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSubzer0x
??? I started a career with Queens Parks Rangers as the manger but they have a very low transfer budget which makes it hard to get decent players.

Charlie Austin is nice young Striker and only 24 years old. Vargas is also pretty decent but I need another GK, because Green is 34 years old and sucks imo.
If you can't afford anyone maybe try loaning someone in?
Old 12-23-2014, 02:23 PM   #3
Rookie

Attempt to get free transfers in January. Its an easy way to add value to your team. If the player doesn't fit into your system you can sell them and use the profits to go after the players you want.
Old 12-23-2014, 08:16 PM   #4
Banned

What he said
Old 12-23-2014, 08:28 PM   #5
Rookie

Big fan of the free transfers –– signed a few nice players with Southampton that way. One thing that I struggle with is decided who (or even how) I should look into bringing in on a loan. Typically, it seems the CPU is only interested in loaning out very low-rated, young players who wouldn't crack my starting lineup.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2014, 08:16 AM   #6
Rookie

BradyBunch88's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm not here to brag or anything but I took Forest to the Premier League and Europe and won everything!

The team is very different to what I started out with but there were three core players I wanted to keep. Britt Assombalonga. First off, his name is just cool to say, secondly he's an incredible striker and he's rated 87 OVR!!!! In my game, I can't believe that to say his potential is only 80 OVR. Crazy!
Jamaal Lascelles, great defender who is also rated 87 OVR in my game.
I kept Michael Mancienne for a long time but let him go a season ago. The other, Nathaniel Chalobah, Forest had him a few seasons ago, what a player! He's 88 OVR for me and he's my Paul Pogba / Junior Malanda.

Anyways.

It might seem like "cheating" but the financial takeover. Buy that next season to improve the squad. I've said it before, but look at how many billionaires are interested in buying football clubs these days. It is realistic and when a new owner comes in, they want to fully support their manager and club, they want to win. So they'll give you the money to do that with. Case in point, Louis Van Gaal and the Man Utd owners / chairmen (Glazer's and Woodward) reports are flying they'll give LVG 100 mil to spend!

Free transfers in January is the way to go! But be smart. Is it better to get Mario Gotze on a 3 year £200,000 a week contract? Or is it better to get 3 or 4 young players with high potential on a £60,000 wage? I'd go with the latter, but it depends on your needs.

Give youth a chance! Get a good scout and start scouting in the best countries Brazil, Argentina, Germany, Spain, Portugal. Then loan them / play them, let them grow and sell them. I sold a youth player for 50 million! His physical stats were awful. But he was a beast everywhere else.

Finally, QPR are a decent team, Charlie Austin is the man to build around. Big fan of Junior Hoilett and Steven Caulker. Choose the best formation with your best / favourite players you want to keep. Sell the ones you don't want. Joey Barton ;-) Can't stand him! But it's up to you. But formation is key. You're not going to buy two defending midfielders if you're playing a 4-3-3 false 9. Because it's more attacking, you want attacking midfielders, although I would say having at least one defensive midfielder would be good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »