Home

Backup keepers regularly starting for CPU teams

This is a discussion on Backup keepers regularly starting for CPU teams within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2015, 10:48 AM   #9
Rookie

go_irish's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Backup keepers regularly starting for CPU teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
Well, I did some testing. I bumped all of the star keeper's ratings up to the point there should be no way they would sit. Unfortunately, it doesn't matter. It's all about form. In THEORY, that makes sense and seems like a good thing, but the problem is, let's say De Gea has a bad game against a high scoring squad like Chelsea. Next game, they start the backup and he finishes .1 higher in form. Welp, chances are he's going to be starting for a while, because the game doesn't give allowances for having just a single rough performance against a great team. It sucks, because there's nothing we can really do about it. Only thing I can think of is, the next time you play that team, turn down goalkeeper ability, run the score up on the backup, and hope that he gets pulled for the starter in the next game.
How can you change those parameters? Are you on PC or console? I know for PC there is a "better career" patch that solves some of these problems. Unfortunately, I'm on PS4...
Old 01-03-2015, 12:40 PM   #10
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

It's unfortunate that when they finally start to implement actual rotation, and realistic substitutions, they instead go too far instead of not far enough as before.

Maybe next year...
Old 01-03-2015, 12:52 PM   #11
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_irish
How can you change those parameters? Are you on PC or console? I know for PC there is a "better career" patch that solves some of these problems. Unfortunately, I'm on PS4...
I'm on PS4, too. I just edited ratings before starting a new season and then did some simming to check results. The ratings aren't really the problem though, it's the player's form that causes the backup issue.
#WeAreND
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2015, 01:44 PM   #12
Rookie

go_irish's Arena

Quote:
I'm on PS4, too. I just edited ratings before starting a new season and then did some simming to check results. The ratings aren't really the problem though, it's the player's form that causes the backup issue.
Thanks. I'll take a look anyway.
Old 01-03-2015, 06:45 PM   #13
Rookie

go_irish's Arena

PPerfect_CJ, bingo! Thanks to your advice, I edited the goalkeepers stamina values before starting a new season, lowering the backup keeper's values and bumping the star keeper's ones up. Simmed a lot of games and now CPU teams always play their best keepers. Other parameters don't affect the CPU choices, so that's the point. Keepers as De Gea, Courtois etc. have incorrect stamina rates, way too low.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:47 PM   #14
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_irish
PPerfect_CJ, bingo! Thanks to your advice, I edited the goalkeepers stamina values before starting a new season, lowering the backup keeper's values and bumping the star keeper's ones up. Simmed a lot of games and now CPU teams always play their best keepers. Other parameters don't affect the CPU choices, so that's the point. Keepers as De Gea, Courtois etc. have incorrect stamina rates, way too low.
I hope to God you're right! I'll hafta check that out, too. Didn't even consider stamina.
#WeAreND
Old 01-03-2015, 09:01 PM   #15
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Like CJ, I also believe player form is the primary culprit. I like to check out my upcoming opponents stats prior to the match. Before my showdown with Man Utd, I noticed Lindegaard had many more appearances than De Gea. Looking at their form rating in the far right column revealed something like 73 to 58 in favor of the backup. I guess De Gea had a few bad matches followed by Lindegaard doing well.

I doubt this completely outweighs ratings, but if you look at the squad ranking screen for your squad, you'll see the impact. A large form discrepancy will rank a lower rated player higher than his better rated teammate. I assume the CPU uses this or similar logic to evaluate its squad.

I'm not sure about fatigue, as my keeper rarely dips below 100%. I think it plays a much larger part in the outfield player rotation that can also be somewhat excessive. I've seen some odd teams when watching various YouTube or Twitch CMs. I haven't seen as much outside of a few backup keepers, but I'm only in late November of my first season.

Last edited by Qb; 01-03-2015 at 09:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2015, 09:38 PM   #16
Rookie

go_irish's Arena

Quote:
I hope to God you're right! I'll hafta check that out, too. Didn't even consider stamina.
I'm playing and simming a lot and backup keepers play just a few games, as it should be. Example for Chelsea: Courtois 45 stamina, Cech 30, Schwarzer 20. In january Courtois has 14 games, Schwarzer 4 (still too many in my opinion, lol) and Cech 2. Everton: Howard 45 stamina, Robles 30. Howard 18 games, Robles 0!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »