Home

#changecareermode

This is a discussion on #changecareermode within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2015, 10:03 PM   #1
Rookie

BeastieBlake's Arena

OVR: 0
#changecareermode

hey guys one of my favorite career mode youtubers, canisports, is starting a movement for ea to change career mode! I just thought I would share this with you guys cuz I know most of us play a lot of careers. Hope you support the movement! #changecareermode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rqgOVpqg28

Last edited by BeastieBlake; 02-10-2015 at 01:06 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2015, 02:12 PM   #2
MVP

jsquigg's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: #changecareermode

As someone who enjoys career mode as is, what would you change about it? I'm not saying modes can't be improved, but as far as EA goes, this seems like one of the better "franchise" modes of their sports games. Maybe it's just me?
Old 02-13-2015, 02:19 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsquigg
As someone who enjoys career mode as is, what would you change about it? I'm not saying modes can't be improved, but as far as EA goes, this seems like one of the better "franchise" modes of their sports games. Maybe it's just me?
There's a stupid 15 year limit. The player transfer logic is horrendous. Would Real Madrid sign 3 of the top 10 strikers in the world. There is a bug/glitch where the players names in your Youth Academy are stupid and horrendous. In my Juventus career mode I have a player whose FIRST NAME is Loftus-Cheek. There is no Champions League license and that exclusive has ended this year. Also some team's budgets seem completely off. I will use Juventus again, there budget using the Euro is around 23 million. They could easily spend twice that amount on just ONE player. That's all I can think of right now.
Old 02-13-2015, 02:36 PM   #4
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
There's a stupid 15 year limit. The player transfer logic is horrendous. Would Real Madrid sign 3 of the top 10 strikers in the world. There is a bug/glitch where the players names in your Youth Academy are stupid and horrendous. In my Juventus career mode I have a player whose FIRST NAME is Loftus-Cheek. There is no Champions League license and that exclusive has ended this year. Also some team's budgets seem completely off. I will use Juventus again, there budget using the Euro is around 23 million. They could easily spend twice that amount on just ONE player. That's all I can think of right now.
Well...Real Madrid MIGHT. Lol! There are already rumors that they're wanting Harry Kane, now. That team just wants EVERY good player. Sure hope they don't get their hooks into him.
#WeAreND
Old 02-13-2015, 02:38 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
Well...Real Madrid MIGHT. Lol! There are already rumors that they're wanting Harry Kane, now. That team just wants EVERY good player. Sure hope they don't get their hooks into him.
All at the same time? And I am talking like Aguero, Suarez and another guy. Guys that no team would sell unless their underlying circumstances, ie Suarez biting a guy and getting suspended for 6 months.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2015, 03:07 PM   #6
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
All at the same time? And I am talking like Aguero, Suarez and another guy. Guys that no team would sell unless their underlying circumstances, ie Suarez biting a guy and getting suspended for 6 months.
Well, look at what they already have and now they want Kane and De Gea. I can't stand Real. In FIFA, I know what you mean about Aguero and Suarez. They end up with a new team every transfer period if you don't use the save and reload method. Gets super annoying.
#WeAreND
Old 02-13-2015, 03:13 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
Well, look at what they already have and now they want Kane and De Gea. I can't stand Real. In FIFA, I know what you mean about Aguero and Suarez. They end up with a new team every transfer period if you don't use the save and reload method. Gets super annoying.
Yea De Gea makes sense though because Casillas is getting old. Don't much about Kane and maybe they will sell Benzema.
Old 02-13-2015, 03:15 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsquigg
Well, let's just start with a small list (I could honestly go on for pages):
- There are less features in CM than there were in PS2 and Original Xbox versions of the game that are almost a decade old.
- AI Teams will sell all of their GKs and not replace them. In my FIFA15 CM, Bayern sold all of their GKs and did not replace them so they got relegated because they ended up player their LB in goal the whole season.
- As said above, 15 year limit on CM.
- No ability to respond to player requests for wages, PT or other discontentments.
- In one CM, I had a brazilian player who I had promoted from my YA want to leave because he was homesick. Left my team, RB Leipzig, for Dortmund.
- No season to season stat tracking for individual players.
- No stat tracking for other leagues.
- Poor growth in physical stats for YA players.
- No youth scouting for AI teams
- Bugs that have been in the game for multiple years.
- Teams having games scheduled 2 days in a row.
- No ability to influence simulated games (should at least be able to make subs).
- Entirely too difficult to loan out young players.
- Pointless manager salary. You as a manager should earn pts instead of salary that you can allocate to improvements to staff and use in training the team.
- Takes almost 20 - 30 minutes to start a new season in CM once you are 5 to 6 years in (this is on PS4, btw).
- No trophy case.
...... I could go on and on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »