Home

FIFA 15: Jostling, Jockeying, And You

This is a discussion on FIFA 15: Jostling, Jockeying, And You within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2015, 11:25 AM   #9
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: FIFA 15: Jostling, Jockeying, And You

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
With regard to both the jostle and tackle ... am I supposed to release the L-Stick before I begin holding down (to pull on the jersey) or mashing (to tackle) the [ B ] button? Will my defender continue to move if I am no longer holding the L-Stick in a direction?

Also ... how does holding LT ("jockey") differ from holding the [ A ] button ("contain")? Is there a *right* time for either of those ideas? Should I, again, release the L-Stick before I attempt to "jockey" or "contain"?
I might be long winded here but:

when using jostle/grab as a defender, you will still need to control your player with your L-stick and sprint is needed. this is not like holding "A" to contain which puts your guy in "auto-pilot". if you just stand there holding "grab" you will do 0 and the defender will separate from you.

using 'contain' attempts to have the CPU put your player in the best position to defend, as above it is a sort of auto-pilot. the defensive 'grab' is done in addition to your standard running/controlling of your defender. so you can be guiding your player using the L-Stick, holding sprint to keep up with the sprinting attacker AND holding 'grab' to attempt to pull back the attacker. remember there is also a difference between "holding" the grab button and tapping it as holding it down is to grab, tapping it is to slide tackle which can be a bad thing when chasing a defender...

normally if you are going to use the "contain" button, it is when you are in front of or in a decent defensive position. the "grab" button is more for when you are chasing the play and trying to get back into a better position.
Old 03-06-2015, 08:28 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: FIFA 15: Jostling, Jockeying, And You

Thanks, great article. I'm coming back after a couple of years out of FIFA and this seems like a great and realistic mechanic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »