Home

Talking Points - Tackling

This is a discussion on Talking Points - Tackling within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2015, 10:56 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Talking Points - Tackling

Should I release the L-Stick before I attempt a standing/sliding tackle? But I need the L-Stick to keep my defensive player close enough to the CPU attacker. Am I supposed to have my defensive player stationary when he attempts either kind of tackle? Is this a "one thing at a time" type of thing ... I should use the L-Stick to move my defensive player around, and then release the L-Stick before I use [A] or [X] to attempt a tackle?

What is the correct "closeness" and relative position to the CPU attacker when I should attempt the tackle? Should I be facing the attacker, coming at him from the side, wait for him to come to me?

Do I quickly repeatedly mash the tackle button? Do I have to try a single button push and time it just right? If I *hold* the button down ... this gives me the shirt-tug thing? Is that right? And when would this be a useful move?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2015, 08:21 AM   #2
Rookie

snyder5man's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Talking Points - Tackling

Ok, the new article helped me a lot! I used to get 10-15 tackles a game. My first half using B, I had 19 tackles.

Facing or head to head:
I hold LT to square up on the ball. I wait until he gets around 2 yards from be and double tap B. This works best with a CDM, as their defensive skills are better. This will either take the ball from the player or knock him off balance.

Running a long side of player:
I mash B around 3-5 times. If you stay close, the ball is yours. Easy as that.

Both ways I use the left stick. I mirror the ball (the best I can). I'm sure there is ore to it, but this is wht I picked up and it seems to work.

Last edited by snyder5man; 02-27-2015 at 10:23 AM.
Old 02-27-2015, 09:33 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 8

With regard to both the jostle and tackle ... am I supposed to release the L-Stick before I begin holding down (to pull on the jersey) or mashing (to tackle) the [ B ] button? Will my defender continue to move if I am no longer holding the L-Stick in a direction?

Also ... how does holding LT ("jockey") differ from holding the [ A ] button ("contain")? Is there a *right* time for either of those ideas? Should I, again, release the L-Stick before I attempt to "jockey" or "contain"?

(I am quoting myself here from a different thread ...)
Old 02-27-2015, 10:21 AM   #4
Rookie

snyder5man's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
With regard to both the jostle and tackle ... am I supposed to release the L-Stick before I begin holding down (to pull on the jersey) or mashing (to tackle) the [ B ] button? Will my defender continue to move if I am no longer holding the L-Stick in a direction?

Also ... how does holding LT ("jockey") differ from holding the [ A ] button ("contain")? Is there a *right* time for either of those ideas? Should I, again, release the L-Stick before I attempt to "jockey" or "contain"?

(I am quoting myself here from a different thread ...)

haha, the blind might be leading the blind.
I never let go of the L-stick and I still get a lot of tackles with B button.
I honestly never use A....so I don't know the real difference in LT and A.
I do use the L-stick with LT. I basically try to mirror and/or guess the opponents future path. If he turns in my new path, I double tap B. That gives space between the ball and the opponent (or dispossess the player). I than take the ball in the opposite direction. Doesn't work every time, but it does work a good amount. That is my experience.
If it works better by letting go of the L-stick, than I need to start doing that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »