Home

12 Women's National Teams are in FIFA 16, Releases September 22nd - Trailer Included

This is a discussion on 12 Women's National Teams are in FIFA 16, Releases September 22nd - Trailer Included within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2015, 06:50 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: FIFA 16 Trailer - Women's National Teams are IN THE GAME

For those saying it's the right move and right decision because it's 2015, why?

Seems to me like the decision should be based on potential fanbase, not political correctness.
Old 05-28-2015, 06:56 PM   #74
MVP

Re: 12 Women's National Teams are in FIFA 16, Releases September 22nd - Trailer Inclu

^ I guess it's because we're in this weird age of mindless activism, and it's an age that can't end soon enough.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:10 PM   #75
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: FIFA 16 Trailer - Women's National Teams are IN THE GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBass
For those saying it's the right move and right decision because it's 2015, why?

Seems to me like the decision should be based on potential fanbase, not political correctness.

The women's World Cup is a very popular event that gets world wide attention. There is no reason that an event that big shouldn't be represented in some way in FIFA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2015, 07:29 PM   #76

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: 12 Women's National Teams are in FIFA 16, Releases September 22nd - Trailer Inclu

This is all about the popularity of the USWNT in America (myself included), and less a statement about women's sports in general, to me. Whatever they spent adding these teams has probably already been paid for by all of the internet buzz and word of mouth publicity this has received.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:19 PM   #77
Rookie

This strikes me as a marketing disaster. Adding women's teams is great, but if you're going to do that then why not just do a separate Women's World Cup title? FIFA's market is predominantly outside the US where women's football is nowhere near as big as it is in the States. You're going to antagonize the hard-core fans of the series all over the world who (quite rightly) want fixes and improvements to the existing engine (handballs, anyone?) and see this as diverting resources. At the same time I doubt too many US tween girls are going to plunk down $60 for a full FIFA title just to play exhibition matches with 12 women's teams. In the end nobody is really happy and the bottom line probably doesn't match the increased licenses.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:01 PM   #78
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

I'm mixed about this. This is great for women and since the World Cup is this year but for me it does nothing and I most likely won't be using this mode.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 05-28-2015, 09:06 PM   #79
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

Cool addition, but why not let them compete with the men's teams on the game? Equality, right?

Wonder if we can create women players in Pro Clubs. I highly doubt it, but it'd be a cool feature.

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Old 05-29-2015, 02:10 AM   #80
Pro

talucchesi's Arena

OVR: 0
Don't think I've seen anybody mention this, but did you all notice sydney lerouix had her tattoos in the game?

So does this mean Messi Neymar, etc. will have theirs this year? Would be absolutely awesome if they did

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »