Home

FIFA 16: Career Mode Adds Pre-Season Tournaments, Player Training, More

This is a discussion on FIFA 16: Career Mode Adds Pre-Season Tournaments, Player Training, More within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2015, 02:31 PM   #33
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: FIFA 16: Career Mode Adds Pre-Season Tournaments, Player Training, More

I missed this at first, but the ability to sign free agents outside of the transfer window is huge. I've had a few careers where I had small rosters due to injuries late in the season, and had to end up playing guys way out of position. So this is nice.

Also scouting reports finally lasting an entire year is fantastic.

Disappointed they didn't improve loans. The ability to split the salary needs to be added. And as others have mentioned, to shop out a player to go on loan needs to be added.

And the wording of this has me concerned they are going to do the opposite of what needs to be done:
While the transfer window is open, the number of ‘high-profile’ moves by big players has been tuned to better match the number that typically happen in the real-world.

Really sucks no improvements to youth academy as others have stated. Also there doesn't seem to be any real big changes to improve the GTN.

Also not so sure the story of the season thing will work as intended. But we shall see.

Old 08-05-2015, 02:54 PM   #34
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Were pre-season tournaments and player training really highly requested? I remember training was in the FIFA 14 WC game, and it was glitched so that player ratings actually went down if you skipped them. Those mini games get old after a while.
You can choose the players and just sim them each week if you'd like.
Old 08-05-2015, 03:49 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm excited for the preseason tournaments. I just hope they're done right. I hope in my MLS career I can host some of the powerhouses on my home field. It'll also be fun for my Chelsea career to play some young guys. Although with these large purses I may not be willing to take too much a skeleton crew with me.

I do really hope that they've improved Youth Squads. I'm pretty optimistic they've fixed some of the worst issues, but we will see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2015, 05:03 PM   #36
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
And the wording of this has me concerned they are going to do the opposite of what needs to be done:[indent]While the transfer window is open, the number of ‘high-profile’ moves by big players has been tuned to better match the number that typically happen in the real-world.
I have the same exact concern as you. The wording just has me thinking that people were complaining about too many high profile players transferring in game. In reality it is FAR less than what it needs to be. Though if you do click on the link it does state that transfers should be more in line with what goes on IRL.
Old 08-05-2015, 05:06 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
I have the same exact concern as you. The wording just has me thinking that people were complaining about too many high profile players transferring in game. In reality it is FAR less than what it needs to be. Though if you do click on the link it does state that transfers should be more in line with what goes on IRL.
I think the logic needs to be adjusted. Like Real shouldn't sign Aguero in the summer window of the 2015-16 season and then in the winter window sign Lewandowski and not get rid of Benzema and Aguero.
Old 08-05-2015, 05:08 PM   #38
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
I think the logic needs to be adjusted. Like Real shouldn't sign Aguero in the summer window of the 2015-16 season and then in the winter window sign Lewandowski and not get rid of Benzema and Aguero.
Truthfully the entire transfer system just needs to be re built. I mean seeing a team transfer 2 players total in the winter and summer transfer window is above average in game, while IRL it's WAY beyond that. I mean Liverpool alone has what 8 transfers just in the summer window alone. Hopefully someone can shed some light on the transfer system soon.

Last edited by JayD; 08-05-2015 at 05:11 PM.
Old 08-05-2015, 05:36 PM   #39
Flip That Bat!

Entiae's Arena

OVR: 9

The additions sound great, but I sincerely hope you can turn firings off. I'm so tired of spending hours upon hours trying to find workarounds.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:05 PM   #40
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Is it September yet?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »