Home

Question/helpful tips about all manual (FIFA 15)

This is a discussion on Question/helpful tips about all manual (FIFA 15) within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2015, 08:29 PM   #9
Too old for manual FIFA

hedache's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Question/helpful tips about all manual (FIFA 15)

I've been playing manual for a few years now. Before I switched to all manual, I was playing a mixture of semi and manual, which probably made the switch to full manual almost transparent for passing. Shooting and crossing came later but wasn't horrific.

I had passing on semi and through balls and lob passes on manual. This way you can play your regular game while you get used to aiming somewhat, while testing out full manual aims with the through balls and lob passes. It may be worth investing some time on semi-manual mix for the development and improvement before you go fully manual.

Playing against people using the same schema also helps. Obviously finding people playing full manual is extremely hard. Playing the computer is tough. There is no good difficulty level (it goes either too dumb or too impossible when you're on manual). You need to understand how to play around with sliders to make it a good game for your skills. There is a slider thread that has 1000s of pages to read to understand which doesn't sound efficient obviously. It was easier to follow it as it progressed.
Old 08-10-2015, 02:31 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Question/helpful tips about all manual (FIFA 15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedache
I've been playing manual for a few years now. Before I switched to all manual, I was playing a mixture of semi and manual, which probably made the switch to full manual almost transparent for passing. Shooting and crossing came later but wasn't horrific.

I had passing on semi and through balls and lob passes on manual. This way you can play your regular game while you get used to aiming somewhat, while testing out full manual aims with the through balls and lob passes. It may be worth investing some time on semi-manual mix for the development and improvement before you go fully manual.

Playing against people using the same schema also helps. Obviously finding people playing full manual is extremely hard. Playing the computer is tough. There is no good difficulty level (it goes either too dumb or too impossible when you're on manual). You need to understand how to play around with sliders to make it a good game for your skills. There is a slider thread that has 1000s of pages to read to understand which doesn't sound efficient obviously. It was easier to follow it as it progressed.
This 100%. I've used full manual for a couple years now, and sliders help me out a lot, though every year I start off with using semi until I get used to the feel of the new FIFA. When I move up to full manual, I use the community sliders and adjust the pass/shot sliders until my ability catches up with their respective slider settings. For passing, I lower that slider in increments of 1-2 points down from their setting until my pass accuracy is roughly the same as the computer's. Then as my manual ability (and pass accuracy percentage) improves, I start moving back up toward the community sliders' initial setting. I do the same with shooting, but for that slider setting I adjust based purely on how it feels to me. It isn't necessarily like passing where I adjust based on the percentages.

Last edited by grizzlies317; 08-10-2015 at 03:17 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »