Home

First time

This is a discussion on First time within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2015, 12:02 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 1
First time

I’ve never played a Fifa title, never really followed or played soccer. I have followed team US, with little understanding of the game. That said the demo felt pretty damn fun. I’m a traditional die hard Madden/MLB/NBA type franchise player( also huge fan of all 3 sports), what’s in this game for me? Sorry in advance if there is a thread, I just want to know what’s in this game for a casual mode player.

Last year I ventured out of my box and got hockey, I at least have watched and understand the rules of hockey however. Is Fifa a title that is easy to pick up and play for someone with no knowledge of the game or it’s players aside from Messi/Ronaldo.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2015, 12:12 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: First time

I got FIFA for the first time two years ago. FIFA has a fairly deep career/owner mode. I played from September through Februrary, almost everyday. It really kept my attention throughout. Signing players is a lot of fun. There are so many players in the game that scouting can be a bit overwhelming at times. I have never done an MLS franchise, if you will, but I always rock the Sheffield Wednesday and try to get them to the premier league.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2015, 01:50 PM   #3
Rookie

SpritePuck's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: First time

1) The Career mode is pretty awesome and I play it more than any other game. Am also a huge The Show player and play some NBA. The only part that may be hard is understanding transfers. But just read a quick guide or jumpin and go for it.

2) As a fan it is easier to manage players fatigue as I get which competitions need my starters. That said you will get the hang of it fast.

3) As for football/soccer rules only offsides is a little confusing to some. Outside that realise when going for the ball you must contact the ball before the player. Both of these rules the game does well at clarifying. Free kicks it gives you tips so that is easy.

4) I like to manage or if Be A Pro still control the whole team not just one player, where in Hockey and Basketball controlling just one player is rewarding.

My opinion is you may love it. I used to play The Show more than any game and now FIFA is by far my favorite game. Fairly I play soccer and am a fan. But for me it holds the most fun in sports gaming. One reason is you can shorten the game length and not destroy your stats lines. For exmple in Madden or NBA games if you shorten game length you get no stats. In this area NHL and FIFA are great as you can play long games but if pressed of gaming time can do quick ones and get through a season and still keep somewhat decent stat lines.

I like all sports games but for me FIFA is my only preorder game. And soccer is not my favorite sport outside of gaming. The video game actually made me a bigger fan of the actual game. I now regularly watch it where maybe two years ago I had never actually watched a televised match.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »