Home

FIFA 16: Gameplay Help and Insight

This is a discussion on FIFA 16: Gameplay Help and Insight within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2015, 01:36 PM   #9
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 16: Gameplay Help and Insight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeRoberts
Need some help here... is there ANY way to do this in proportion to the CPU's ability to do this? They can send it several yards ahead with perfect accuracy and I can't seem to get it even half of the distance they tap it ahead. Help!!!
Not sure if you're already doing this, but make sure to flick the right stick when the ball is very close to your foot. It seems as though the farther away the ball is when flicking, the less impactful the knock-on becomes.
Old 11-10-2015, 07:41 AM   #10
YNWA

~LiverpoolRed~'s Arena

OVR: 24

I had trouble with knock ons as well. Make sure you flick the right stick more than once, a quick double flick will knock the ball further down the field for you to run onto.
Old 11-13-2015, 08:51 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
Not sure if you're already doing this, but make sure to flick the right stick when the ball is very close to your foot. It seems as though the farther away the ball is when flicking, the less impactful the knock-on becomes.
Also, hold the right trigger when you flick the right stick to knock it far like the CPU does.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2015, 04:27 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitz
Greetings good people.

I have a few questions I need some help on.

*How do I keep the ball when challenged by a defender or take it when I challenge a player? The problem is that when a defender challenges me, I always lose the ball. When I challenge someone, they always shrug me off.

*What is tactical defending and how do you use it? I hear people talk about it but I have no idea what it is.

By the way, I am also trying this new approach of defending by closing down passing lanes, and applying gradual pressure. I am also being more patient in passing realizing that you can't force the ball in. Thus far this approach seems to be working well, makes the game more fun and less frustrating. I do still lose, but I am much more competitive when I lose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
When on defense, try to wait for the ball to be as far as possible from the attacking player. For example, if he's facing you and standing still, don't go in for the tackle when the ball is at his feet, tackle him when he starts a dribble or movement and the ball gets a bit farther from his feet. When trying to tackle an opposing attacker from behind, tap the tackle button a few times to drag him by the shirt/shoulder but don't hold it because it will most likely result in a foul.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »