Home

Super League

This is a discussion on Super League within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2015, 06:49 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Super League

I kinda do this. But instead of a league a create a 64 team group knockout tournament, I just look up the teams who won the league and finish either t top 3 or 4 depending on league and create a "real World Cup of Club" tournament.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:27 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanGB
I kinda do this. But instead of a league a create a 64 team group knockout tournament, I just look up the teams who won the league and finish either t top 3 or 4 depending on league and create a "real World Cup of Club" tournament.
I like this! Might make mine smaller though.
Old 09-29-2015, 11:27 PM   #11
Rookie

bigdawg1690's Arena

OVR: 1

Made a Bundesliga SuperLeague. Didn't go straight off ratings some personal preferences.

uploadfromtaptalk1443583512043.jpguploadfromtaptalk1443583585402.jpg
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2015, 03:31 PM   #12
Pro

ChiTownKid's Arena

OVR: 10

I just set up a World League last night, where I took the top International teams, plus the US, which I will control. There are exactly 19 5-star and 4&1/2-star international teams. The US (4-star) makes 20.

38 matches. I'll take the top 8 into a knockout tourney.

I'm not expecting to make the cut.

Last edited by ChiTownKid; 09-30-2015 at 03:34 PM.
Old 10-02-2015, 05:28 AM   #13
Rookie

I took all the teams with real stadiums and put them into the English league in order of their ovr ratings. For the rest of league 1 (which is where the real stadium teams ended i just added some teams off similar abilities. Actually worked out very nicely
Old 10-02-2015, 10:37 AM   #14
Rookie

robin2dl's Arena

I have an actual online league that does this makes a CL FA Cup and much more. We play through online friendlies and use a website to track everything. Let me know if any of you guys would like to join!
Old 10-02-2015, 03:40 PM   #15
Pro

DirectFX's Arena

OVR: 12

I have done some version in every FIFA so far but haven't started one in 16 yet.
But here's my basics as it would be true world league and keep some teams left for continental trophies but really the point would be winning the World/Super League would be harder/bigger than just a regional tournament.. Plus unlike a created league/tournament you have transfers and play it for years.

League Use- English as it's got 4 tiers and enough spots to support all the teams plus regulation/promotion over the years makes it very interesting.

Teams-I would have minimum of 2 teams from every league even the worst one usually Ireland. The max would be 6 teams from a single league for the top ones like Spain, Italy, Germany, England France. I would not use any 2nd tier teams from a country like Championship or below in England , Seri B, etc...

Selection/ Placement- beyond the obvious top teams that dominate their domestic league if there are close ratings I also go by if you know they have a bunch of youngsters who will be good or have a huge budget so they could bring in talent or sometimes if enough spaces you can bring most/whole league to Europe like I did sometimes with MLS teams.

When filling out the pyramid of the English tiers once you have the teams I would then go by a combination of transfer budget and rating sometimes using the budget as more important decider but again can use personal preferences here. I just run into some odd choices just using ratings/top clubs as last year always run into AC Milan /Inter Milan thinking to put them in top tier but they only had like 19-20m budgets and usually wound up putting maybe Zenit or Schaktar over them as they had 50 m+ as their budget and over time better resources to get similar players vs rest of tier 1 like PSG,Real,Bayern,Man U etc just huge gap sometimes though ratings could be closer.

Now tiers would go Tier 1/BPL - top teams in Europe
Tier 2/ Championship - Rest of Europe Leagues (medium budgets)/Rest of World(Greek teams n Shaktar/Rangers)
Tier 3 League 1 - Argentina, Brazil, Mexico , Korea, Saudi(highest non European leagues with hi budgets)
Tier 4 League 2- Ireland, Australia, Last of Rest of World ( usually S.Africa Orlando Pirates, Kaizer Chiefs) MLS, Chile , Columbia ,

Replacing Teams- make sure you try to keep teams you replace in England with similar /close teams . This kinda keep the other leagues competitive plus when you do play UEFA tournaments the competition is still playable not a run away. So BPL teams u choose to replace should be put in Spain, Germany, Italy, and France. If you don't care about the Non European leagues like Mexico or MLS etc you could put all the League 2 English teams there so some leagues you could strengthen like Ireland and Scotland kinda weak without top 2 teams as an example and maybe add Championship sides there. Also don't forget Rest of the World slots as you have 2-3 spots for UEFA tournaments . I forgot a couple times to put decent teams there and get 3 Irish half star teams in UEFA since I put them there in Rest of World forgetting if they were Europe based CPU random generate 2-3teams to play in tourney every year and not based on winning cup/league..

So use some personal preferences along with ratings/budgets as I find it's a bit of work and if you don't have personal preferences in it you will quit /stop the mode earlier. It's interesting to see how non Europeans do and also after 2-3 years check each league you are not playing to see how Relegation/Promotion has gone. Has a suprise small team made a nice run? Has a big team dropped levels? Also get to know more players worldwide that might never have played vs or bought if you just did the normal default setup and only played vs Europe or non European teams.

Now with FIFA 16 might need to tweak with leagues/teams added/deleted and budgets changed but good outline. Transfers should be interesting if small teams move up or teams that decent but always had one team like Barca/Real always winning league finally get shot to win league/cups and tournaments..

Currently Playing: PS4
-The Division
-MLB The Show 16
-NBA 2k17
-FIFA 17?
-NHL 17?
-GTA V
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2015, 10:40 PM   #16
Rookie

I do this every year. Top 4 England, Top 3 in Italy, Top 4 Germany, Top 4 Spain, Top 2 France, Portugal top team and Russia Top team

Championship - Rest of BPL teams and bigger European teams

League 1 and 2 Teams from all over.

I miss not having Rangers in the game because I used to start out in League One and work my way up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »