Home

Super League

This is a discussion on Super League within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2017, 07:33 PM   #33
Rookie

bigdawg1690's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Super League

Maybe, my last one I did I took a quick peak at the teams I'm swapping and if they go in another league I swapped them first which made it easier I think.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-02-2017, 09:12 PM   #34
Rookie

bigdawg1690's Arena

OVR: 1

So...I made a thing. I had forgotten about this, but last year I borrowed (stole?) a spreadsheet from a Reddit user I believe who combined a club's transfer budget and overall rating from SoFifa to form a 'weighted average'. This weighted average formula is then applied and clubs are sorted then placed in the appropriate levels of the English Leagues tiers, and then spread out through the other 4 major leagues. I expanded on the idea and added many more clubs and added 5 more leagues. This creates a good balance for the Champions League and Europa League issue that always comes up when making SuperLeagues. Setting them up is a lot of work, but if you invest the time it seems to me to be well worth the experience. The spreadsheet itself can be modified to the user's desires by editing the B1 column of the raw data sheet, increasing or decreasing the percentage the transfer budget affects the weighted average. For example, if you change it from the current 50/50 split to 0/100, you will now have a full tier of leagues sorted only by rating. After changing the weight percentage all you need to do is to sort the weighted average column by descending and the clubs will be redistrubetd throughout the leagues by your new weighted average. The only exception is Portugal, where I have placed all the MLS teams (personal preference). Anyways I will provide the spreadsheet link below for anyone interested, I have updated the budgets and ratings for this year's version of Fifa. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

https://docs.zoho.com/file/19n3pa8f0...86b94b710ac9f1

(I believe if you decide to use this and want to edit the weighted average percentage you have to download the sheet yourself from the link.)
Old 02-02-2017, 09:56 PM   #35
Rookie

buziii's Arena

OVR: 0

That's a very good concept, and it makes a lot of sense. I've been working on a spreadsheet this evening based on the zombiejh reddit post concept you linked previously. I just finished modifying that spreadsheet with the current Feb 2 rosters from SOFIFA. I'm replacing the 24th EL2 team (Newcastle) with RB Leipzig, and I'll be playing with them.

What do you do with the EL teams that are swapped out? Do you make an effort to put them anywhere in particular, or just let them fall where they may?

Are you going to set up the other leagues similar to the zombeijh concept. For example, will you put Argentina in Spain, etc.? I'm thinking about trying to do that and find a comparable european league to put the MLS teams into. This will be a lot of effort, but hopefully will be fun when (and if) I get it set up!

Edit: On second thought, I like your effort. I'm going to steal your work and use a slightly modified version of your set-up.

Edit2: OK, now I'm very frustrated. I just spent a massive amount of time setting this up, and somehow I'm the Manager of Vitesse in the Turkish League, instead of Leipzig in the English Super League. Uggh.

Last edited by buziii; 02-03-2017 at 04:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2017, 01:59 PM   #36
Rookie

koszak27's Arena

Do you guys run into any issues with the travel expenses when you do these super leagues?

"It is amazing how many drivers think that the brakes are for slowing the car down."
Mario Andretti

FIFA '15 Dynasty: Team of Randoms
Old 02-09-2017, 08:11 AM   #37
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

I do it every career. Best way to get good competition late in careers. The EFL and FA cups are way better and there's still decent competition in Europa and Champions League. It's nice to toss a few 4.5 star teams down into the EFL championship to make sure there's always good teams coming up each year too. I love that FIFA has this option.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:53 AM   #38
Rookie

buziii's Arena

I've started my first super league recently after the Feb update. I was wondering what happens to the bottom three teams in the EFL2? I assume they don't get relegated, since there's nowhere for them to go? Do they just stay there? I guess it's the same situation in a normal league, but I've never thought about it or noticed before.
Old 02-09-2017, 05:09 PM   #39
Pro

adoptedscouse's Arena

Yes they will just stay there as league below is not in game. Just like Dutch or Belgium league for example.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »