Home

Seriously, play on legendary

This is a discussion on Seriously, play on legendary within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2015, 02:17 PM   #49
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Seriously, play on legendary

Agree completely on 15-min halves. What's preventing you from playing all the games using 15-minute halves? So you get a couple fewer games in per session. What's the hurry?
Old 10-02-2015, 04:02 PM   #50
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

OVR: 6

To each their own, but if I had to play on 15 min halves to make the game play more gooder I'd start looking for alternative difficulty levels.
Old 10-02-2015, 04:17 PM   #51
Pro

OVR: 0

To me, Pro level is optimal to 7-10 mins halves, no more, no less. In fact, 10 mis is the most I want to take to play a game. It´s not too much, and its enough time to come back if I start loosing.

I´m trying Legendary sometimes, but Pro level has that something were I always feel I have a challenge and still can win lots of games. Its a great balance but not out of the box. It may get too easy sometimes, but I´m very, very close to achieve a slider set to make the matches challenging both for me an CPU, without lowering CPU ability too much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2015, 04:29 PM   #52
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarontab
To each their own, but if I had to play on 15 min halves to make the game play more gooder I'd start looking for alternative difficulty levels.
A 30 minute game is not that long. Especially considering we're trying to replicate stats that happen in a real life game that are 90 minutes long. Every year we complain about sim game play, build up play, etc. but now we get it and we try to get realistic stats in a small 15 minute game? To each their own indeed but unless you're looking for an arcade experience, you can't get a sim experience for a 90 minute game while playing only 16% of it.

To me Legendary \ slow \ 15 minutes halves is the way to go. Last year with the frantic action 10 minute halves were good enough for Legendary but not this year because of the build up play and you have to work hard to break down the AI to score.
Old 10-02-2015, 04:35 PM   #53
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
A 30 minute game is not that long. Especially considering we're trying to replicate stats that happen in a real life game that are 90 minutes long. Every year we complain about sim game play, build up play, etc. but now we get it and we try to get realistic stats in a small 15 minute game? To each their own indeed but unless you're looking for an arcade experience, you can't get a sim experience for a 90 minute game while playing only 16% of it.

To me Legendary \ slow \ 15 minutes halves is the way to go. Last year with the frantic action 10 minute halves were good enough for Legendary but not this year because of the build up play and you have to work hard to break down the AI to score.

I'm not being contradictory for the sake of it, but statistically speaking, you're not getting realistic statistics out of 33% of a full match either. There is more in common with a 8 min half game and a 15 min half game than there is with a 45 min half game, which obviously isn't even an option.

It's personal preference obviously, but claiming that 15 min halves are more sim than 8 is equal to making the claim that having 33% of your leg is better than only having 16%. Longer? Sure, but negligibly different if you're looking for the real thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-02-2015, 04:44 PM   #54
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
I'm not being contradictory for the sake of it, but statistically speaking, you're not getting realistic statistics out of 33% of a full match either. There is more in common with a 8 min half game and a 15 min half game than there is with a 45 min half game, which obviously isn't even an option.

It's personal preference obviously, but claiming that 15 min halves are more sim than 8 is equal to making the claim that having 33% of your leg is better than only having 16%. Longer? Sure, but negligibly different if you're looking for the real thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree but I'm sure we will never find the real thing. I don't think FIFA even offers a full 90 minute option anymore. lol - But doubling the time fixes the issue here of not getting enough shots\goals. And an extra 15 minutes in video game time is a long time. That's all I'm saying. I doubt any game now or in the future will replicate or come close to a 90 minute football game.

In 2K I play 12 minute quarters and I except sim stats\results. I never come into PES\FIFA expecting such because it's impossible. We're taking a 90 minute game and trying to get the experience in a small window. Like I said, in this case because of the difficulty of the AI and their approach, more time is needed to get shots and goals that are realistic to what a normal game would bring.
Old 10-02-2015, 04:53 PM   #55
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
I agree but I'm sure we will never find the real thing. I don't think FIFA even offers a full 90 minute option anymore. lol - But doubling the time fixes the issue here of not getting enough shots\goals. And an extra 15 minutes in video game time is a long time. That's all I'm saying. I doubt any game now or in the future will replicate or come close to a 90 minute football game.

In 2K I play 12 minute quarters and I except sim stats\results. I never come into PES\FIFA expecting such because it's impossible. We're taking a 90 minute game and trying to get the experience in a small window. Like I said, in this case because of the difficulty of the AI and their approach, more time is needed to get shots and goals that are realistic to what a normal game would bring.

That's undoubtedly true. The sweet spot for me is 8 min now, I used to be a 10min half guy before and last year I played 6. I also will say, this year, games feel like they blow by in terms of time because, as you mentioned, build up takes a bit longer if you're actually going to be effective.

I personally couldn't do 15 and enjoy a season but I respect those of you who can - it's all about what you enjoy. I was just echoing Resurrection's sentiments and mentioning that if a difficulty needs an adjustment that makes it unappealing to a large percentage of the people playing the game, that could be a fundamental flaw. My guess tbh is that scoring would be identical on 8 min or 15 min on legendary and the deciding factor is more the skill of the individual than the length of the half...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2015, 04:54 PM   #56
Rookie

Resurrection403's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I've changed back to pro. Found a decent slider set I'm hoping will keep me challenged.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »