Home

Patch 1.03

This is a discussion on Patch 1.03 within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2015, 05:36 AM   #1
Rookie

flo182's Arena

OVR: 0
Patch 1.03

Any news about a third Patch?

I really hope they adress the difficulty / loose ball & ignorant ai teammates issue otherwise I guess most offline players will put this game down pretty quickly.

Some games are just so much fun but I'm really getting pissed of by how imbalanced this game is and how bad they scripted the AI.

-> Why is World Class more difficult than Legendary?

-> Why are matches against 2,5* teams so much harder than 5* teams? Yesterday I played against Arsenal and it was too easy, next game against a 2* team from Belgium and they play like they're Barca on dope...

-> Why do my teammates constantly ignore loose balls when I'm playing on legendary/world class? Fix this ****...
The game is supposed to be more difficult in the way the AI plays but not by making my teammates into idiots.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2015, 06:30 AM   #2
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Patch 1.03

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo182
Any news about a third Patch?

I really hope they adress the difficulty / loose ball & ignorant ai teammates issue otherwise I guess most offline players will put this game down pretty quickly.

Some games are just so much fun but I'm really getting pissed of by how imbalanced this game is and how bad they scripted the AI.

-> Why is World Class more difficult than Legendary?

-> Why are matches against 2,5* teams so much harder than 5* teams? Yesterday I played against Arsenal and it was too easy, next game against a 2* team from Belgium and they play like they're Barca on dope...

-> Why do my teammates constantly ignore loose balls when I'm playing on legendary/world class? Fix this ****...
The game is supposed to be more difficult in the way the AI plays but not by making my teammates into idiots.
Use legacy. I have none of the above problems. Teammates respond instantly, they tackle on their own, they run to pick up loose balls.
Difficulty is spot on. Arsenal crashed me (Leicester) 2 times on World Class. Most of the problems you guys are facing is because you keep using the unrealistic and broken tactical defending.
Old 10-20-2015, 08:58 AM   #3
mfp
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
Use legacy. I have none of the above problems. Teammates respond instantly, they tackle on their own, they run to pick up loose balls.
Difficulty is spot on. Arsenal crashed me (Leicester) 2 times on World Class. Most of the problems you guys are facing is because you keep using the unrealistic and broken tactical defending.
Legacy might be the better choice for playing against the CPU, especially on the higher difficulty levels, but to call it the more realistic system is highly debatable; both systems have issues. Legacy was replaced because of how unrealistic (and easy) it was/is, and the homing missile OP sprint tackles are still there (players don't sprint and make a standing tackle in real life like they can with Legacy defending).

If we're being honest, both systems kinda suck in single player. In multiplayer, Tactical actually works great and is far more realistic. That said, I might switch to Legacy because while tactical defending works fine with the right slider adjustments, I prefer closer to default settings and Tactical defending just isn't a fair system against the CPU, especially on WC/Legendary.
Old 10-20-2015, 09:53 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Well, currently Legacy Defending looks more like real football simply because you can not put up any pressure on the ball carrier with Tactical Defending.

They should change the following for tactical defending:
- remove auto-contain (X on ps4) completely
- put physical play on X
- keep standing tackle on Circle
- let the second defender actually attack the enemy player instead of containing
(- finally get rid off the mechanic, that a player with ball is always more agile than a player without it. This is just stupid - it should be determind by player stats)

This would be the best of both worlds, a real life like experience while being not too automatic from a gameplay perspective.
Old 10-20-2015, 09:58 AM   #5
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp
Legacy might be the better choice for playing against the CPU, especially on the higher difficulty levels, but to call it the more realistic system is highly debatable; both systems have issues. Legacy was replaced because of how unrealistic (and easy) it was/is, and the homing missile OP sprint tackles are still there (players don't sprint and make a standing tackle in real life like they can with Legacy defending).

If we're being honest, both systems kinda suck in single player. In multiplayer, Tactical actually works great and is far more realistic. That said, I might switch to Legacy because while tactical defending works fine with the right slider adjustments, I prefer closer to default settings and Tactical defending just isn't a fair system against the CPU, especially on WC/Legendary.
In WC if you use Legacy and sprint while holding the A button you will NEVER manage to tackle. Most probably you'll end 1ft away from the attacker...
When you use the pressure button for teammates sometimes they'll manage to tackle while sprinting but they stop before they attempt the tackle.
You can also double tap the A button for a regular standing tackle.
It may not be perfect but it's way more realistic than the Tactical option.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »